Smiling like an idiot-chapter 3

Zach and I were walking to class slowly. He kept cracking jokes that I couldn't help but laugh at. In-between laughs I managed to say "Then what happened?" He smirked, I almost died. Well it isn't everyday your all-time crush walks you to class and acts all nice and sweet to you. I wonder what Macey would say, she was the boy expert after all.

I was so deep in thought I almost didn't hear Zach say "Oh she tripped and fell into the net" nonchalantly. I cracked a smile.

We reached to door to Dr. Fibb's room. Well the moment was fun while it lasted, when we go inside he'll go with his friend and i would've never existed. The minute we walked in the bell rang. I moved toward the direction of my seat next to Liz. But Zach did something unexpected, he grabbed my hand. I know it's cliche but I felt a spark. I looked at his face but and from what I could tell he felt it too. He pulled me to the empty seat next to him. I glanced at Liz and sent her an apologetic look. She understood, all of my friends knew of my helpless crush on him.

I sat down and got out my books for the lesson, just when I started to take down noted I felt someone poke me. I looked at Zach. He smirked. 'Oh it's on' I thought. When he looked the other way, I poked him then looked away pretending to be innocent. "Two can play at that game." Zach mumbled so the teacher wouldn't catch us. Before I could move Zach started tickling me and the next thing I know I was on the floor too stunned to make a sound.

"CAMERON!" Dr Fibb's yelled. "What happened?" he said in his normal voice. I opened my mouth to speak but Zach answered instead. "She was getting her textbook when she tripped and fell." He lied without missing a beat. That was suspicious but I forgot it in an instant because all eyes on the room were on me. I felt my cheeks burning with heat again for the second time that day. "Very well, continue with your work" Dr Fibbs announced. I sat down on my seat trying to do my work and ignore Zach. This turned out to be much harder than I thought seeing as he kept passing me notes every 5 minutes. I couldn't stay mad at him, he was just so lovable. I opened one if his notes. It said: "Aw Gallagher Girl don't be like that"

I was confused, was Gallagher Girl my nickname? So I wrote back"Gallagher Girl?" and passed it back when the teacher wasn't looking.

"That's my new nickname for you." I look at him and he smirked making me laugh out loud by accident earning a glare from Dr Fibbs.

"Where did you come up with that?"

"Well we do go to Gallagher High and you are a girl." I rolled my eyes. 'Great now he thinks I'm an idiot' I was in the middle if passing a note when Dr Fibbs turned around and caught us. 'We are so screwed' I thought. "All right Cameron"I flinched at my full name, "and Zach, if your not going to pay attention in class, I'm going to split you up." Zach and I shared a look. My watch beeped signaling there was 1 minute left in class. "Cameron sit next to-" Just then the bell rang cutting him off. "Saved by the bell" Zach smirked. I laughed.

"We'll I gotta go to my next class, see you later Gallagher Girl." He went out of the room and I walked over to Liz.

"Hey Cammie!" She greeted.

"Hey Liz what's up?" Liz started taking but it was all buzzing in my head. All I could think about was that I was friendly with Zach. We talked and were playful with each other, I would've never guessed it.

"Cammie?Cammie? Cammie are you even paying attention?" Liz asked waving her hands in my face.

It took my a moment to realize she was talking to me."Oh sorry Liz what did you say?"

"Are you ok?" Her voice filled with concern.

"Yeah just thinking." I replied still thinking about Zach and I.

"About what?" Liz asked curiously.

"Zach" I thought about the encounters we had in the last 45 minutes and found myself smiling like an idiot.