Chapter 53-Their Plan

Chapter 53-Their plan

Cammie pov

The holiday weekend passed by quickly, and before I knew it I was back in school. After 4 days of doing nothing but eating and sleeping it was difficult for me to get back to my normal schedule. I almost slept through my alarm and had a few seconds to shove a granola bar down my throat before running outside so I wouldn't be late.

Zach offered to take me to school. We talked after Thanksgiving, just nor about Thanksgiving. The topic never came up, it was like both of us were avoiding it completely. I have no idea why I was doing it, he had a positive response when we first talked about it. I guess I was worried his answer would change.

I walked briskly to his car and opened the door saying "Hi" and putting on my seat belt. "Sorry I was a little late this morning." I say as we pull out of my driveway. "Don't worry about it." he told me. He quickly looked over at me for a brief second, (any more and we would have crashed).

"You look nice today." I couldn't help my blush. Zach was being sweet, I actually looked like a monster. My hair was tied in a messy ponytail because I had no time to deal with it, I almost put on two pairs of different shoes and I was pretty sure there was something on my face. I grabbed a random shirt from my closet that I later found out that had a picture of a minion (score!). I also managed to find my way into jeans that were way to small. Anyway my point is that the comment was appreciated and that I had the best boyfriend ever.

"How was your weekend?" I asked him trying not to fall into silence. I didn't want him to tell me he was miserable. It would be my fault anyway seeing as how I practically forced him to come.

"I went to see my mom on Friday at the hospital. I wanted to tell her I found him. She said she was happy for me. My mom told me that he was a good man and not to blame him for her mistakes." He got quiet at this part. Zach didn't blame his mother anymore for what happened, he understood the circumstances and learned to accept it. "Of course I corrected her and told her how much it means to me that she's back in my life. In return she hugged me and apologized for everything once more even though it wasn't necessary." I have to agree with him. I know Catherine and she cared about her son without a doubt, it was obvious to anyone who who had a brain.

"She said she wanted me to consider spending more time with her, like on a weekly basis." He tried to make it sound nonchalant but I knew he was happy. I was happy for him. Spending quality time with his mother can't go wrong. It will strengthen their bond and I have a feeling they would be a positive influence on each others lives.

"That's great!" I say enthusiastically. "Are you guys going to do it this weekend?" He nodded and when we stopped at a red light he squeezed my hand and thanked for my support in all of this. I gave him a goofy smile when I said, "I am always there to support you." I would always be there for him. College may prove to become an obstacle but love like ours is eternal (as cheesy as it sounds).

We got to school on time shockingly. I thought I was going to get a lecture from my teacher about punctuality. I left Zach with a short kiss and a warm hug. "See you next period" he called out going in the other direction.

My class was boring as usual. My mind was preoccupied with more important things at hand, like what Tina and her minion was planning on doing. We pretty much narrowed it down to her hitting on Zach in a failed attempt. Macey texted me in the middle of class (almost getting me in trouble) telling me that they were going to do it sometime this week, most likely today. When I asked her how she knew she said and I quote, "I have my sources so shut up and take it." Of course I wondered who her sources were. Macey can be threatening and persuasive when she wants to. I know because I was on the receiving end of it. All I can say is that I still have the burns.