Chapter 51-Family Gatherings

This chapter jumps a few weeks until it is Thanksgiving ;)

Chapter 51- Family Gatherings

Cammie pov

In retrospect the last few weeks were boring and uneventful. Thankfully there were no more mysterious letters. Josh stopped replying to my texts altogether so I just stopped asking for answers he would never give me.

Apparently they were on a need to know basis and some idiot declared I couldn't know. Stupid Josh. What is it about me that people don't tell me things? Everyone used to keep secrets from me, sometimes my own parents. I find out eventually, at the last possible second.

All I wanted to do for a whole week of school was yell at Josh (Zach would have been proud), It wouldn't have been that hard either, we did have all the same classes. The week after that I didn't even want to look at him. Then in the three days of school we had because of the break I desperately wanted answers.

Josh literally sat there and looked like he was taking noted but I could tell by looking at his paper that he was doing nothing. On he bright side Josh not doing anything means the other two are not doing anything. That in turns means Zach and I have more time to figure out whatever they were planning.

We kept our mouths shut about the news we got a few weeks ago for about two and a half hours before telling the girls. The only one slightly shocked was Liz.

Macey tried helping Zach figure out why Josh would send the letter in the first place and warn me. They sat there whispering in hushed tones. I overheard Macey telling Zach that she seen the way Josh looks at Dede and that he doesn't have any feeling for me. I pretended I didn't hear Zach's shout of joy.

It wouldn't make a difference if he did have feelings for me anyway. I will say it a hundred times if I have to. I am never leaving Zach. People can try to break us apart but nothing will tear me away from him.

Bex, Liz and I were coming up with possible attempts they might use. We came up with simple ones because Tina is not that bright to come up with a plan more than 5 steps. An example we came up with that I believe is most likely to happen is that she will throw herself at Zach and make a move on him then make it so that he was going along or something of that sort. Bex thought that she would try to physically harm me by pulling my hair or something and Liz thought she was going to threaten me with a bad picture or something. All of these were something her pea sized brain could come up with.

At least now my friends were aware of the situation. Now there were more people to help watch the girls if they made a move.

On another note, I could tell Zach was glad Josh was keeping his distance. I still remember the conversation we had about it. We were laying down on my bed talking about random topics. For some reason Zach brought it up. (A/N: I want to mention that this conversation takes place a day before thanksgiving).

"I am glad Jimmy kept his distance from you otherwise I would have to use excessive force." I couldn't help it, but the way he sounded was so funny I had to laugh. "You think I can't beat him in a fight?"He asked me shocked and a little disappointed.

"I keep remembering the time when you guys were in a fight and he kept hitting you." I have no idea why I brought it up.

Zach sat up straight and glared at me. "I didn't fight back then but if I did it would only take one punch to knock him down." My overprotective jerk I thought as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"My parents said you could come to dinner tomorrow." He looked like he was about to interrupt. I cut him off with a simple gesture of my hand. "My step-dad promised to be nice." He nodded and kissed my temple. "Thank you."