"I can't play guitar and do neurosurgery." - Dr. Randy D'Amico (Part 2)

Part 2 of "I don't have a quote for once?"  (i.e. the one with Kenzie)

"So sadly enough I don't have any surgeries for you to attend."

"That's okay."

I didn't really want to watch Dr. Ashton pick apart a brain anyway.

"But I do have some rounds and I can show you all the cool machines and devices that I use on a daily basis."

"I'll follow you." I said with a smile as we started off walking back down the hall.

We came up on a hospital room where Dr. Ashton slightly knocked on the door before sneaking in.

"Good morning, Ms. Ellington."

I looked to see a petit old woman laying in the bed, writing in a little notebook but stopping to see Dr. Ashton and I.

"Ah, Dr. Irwin, good morning. I see you have a mini me today. Does she bring good luck?"

"Not unless your intracranial pressure has gone down. I don't want to have to put you in a coma or remove more of your skull. But those are my last resorts."

"I still think she brings good luck. A mini Irwin suits you, you need to bring her more often."

"I'll come by to check on you later. Be nice to your nurses."

"I'm always nice."

"I'll see you later, Ms. Ellington."

We walked out of her room, Dr. Ashton with a smile on his face.

Why is he smiling?

And why didn't he examine her, I thought that's what happens on rounds?

"Are you actually going to have to put her into a coma?"

Dr. Ashton immediately dropped his smile and looked at me.

"I'm not sure yet. It's the waiting game. I'm not sure which is riskier for her age, surgery or putting her in a coma. Both are pretty risky."

I nodded my head as Dr. Ashton stared off into the distance with an unreadable face.

As I watched him, I suddenly get dizzy and queezy from just standing here. Maybe we should keep moving.

I saw Dr. Ashton stare at me before he spoke up.

"You want to see the inside of your brain?"

"No thank you."

"I promise it'll be so cool. You can look at mine first."

"Lead the way." I smiled and tried to seem friendly. I have no idea what this dude is doing, how is he supposed to see the inside of a brain.

We walk through random hallways until we step into a very dark room, where Dr. Irwin started taking his pen, ID and holder off and setting them on a little table.

"Beth, I have a mini me here, can you mind giving her an introduction to the CT while I'm in the machine."

Cat?

I look to the left in the dark room and see a feminine figure sitting in front of a computer.

As my eyes adjusted, I can the match the voice to the figure.

"Yes of course, Dr. Irwin."

The girl stood up as Dr. Ashton walked through a door in the dark computer room that leads to a bright white room.

"Hi, I'm Beth. You can take a seat at one of the computers while I get Dr. Irwin set up." She smiled as she followed behind Dr. Ashton into the bright room.