"How are my humans?" -Dr. Randy D'Amico (Part 4)

Part 4 of "I don't have a quote for once?"

Dr. Ashton sat on his rolly stool next to the exam table.

"How many days off from college do you have?"

"Around a week. Why?"

"I want to do your surgery as soon as possible. I want to admit you tonight and do your surgery tomorrow morning."

"Already?"

"Yes. The earlier we get this out, the better it'll be."

This is all too much.

I mean I didn't expect him to say yes so easily.

I didn't even expect him to perform my surgery, nonetheless do it tomorrow.

"I don't know about this." I mumble out. It's just too much.

"Kenzie, what are you concerned about?"

I just stared at him.

This can't be happening.

He wants to remove it tomorrow. Doesn't he have patients or something. 

Why is he clearing his schedule for me.

Wouldn't he need at least a month to prepare.

"Talk to me, Kenzie."

"Tomorrow morning?"

"Yes. Is that alright?"

"Dr. Ashton, that day in the hospital was the only time I've been in the hospital since birth. I have no idea how a hospital works. I have no idea how surgery works. I don't even know how I'm going to pay for this."

"These are all things we can discuss. Everything is manageable. But I want to get you admitted as soon as possible. That way we can put some use to that IV."

I looked down at my hand, temporarily forgetting that the IV was still there.

I cautiously nodded my head.

Dr. Ashton grabbed my scans off the board.

"Come on. We need to go to my office so I can admit you and so that you can grab your backpack."

I followed behind Dr. Ashton back to his office.

As soon as Dr. Ashton opened the door, there was already somebody sitting at his desk.

"Mate, I was wondering where you were at. You have been gone for so long I was about to leave-"

Dr. Ashton's friend from before was shocked to see Dr. Ashton and I walk into the office.

"Oi, Cal. You remember Kenzie from a few years ago?"

"Dr. Hood, right?"

"I think I remember bumping into her a few times. Like in the hallway this morning." Dr. Hood mocked as Dr. Ashton walked behind his desk.

I grabbed my backpack off the chair that was next to Dr. Hood.

Dr. Ashton typed away on his computer, not paying any mine to Dr. Hood who was sitting right in front of his desk.

I took a seat in the chair where my backpack was.

I looked to Dr. Hood who smiled at me.

"What do you do here at the hospital?" I asked him.

"I'm a neurosurgeon, just like Ashton. Not as good as him though."

"Speaking of, Cal. Do you want to scrub in on a surgery tomorrow?" Dr. Ashton asked, looking from his computer screen to Dr. Hood.