Malibu Rescuers Part 2

I could hear water in the background.

I felt someone trying to push air into my lungs.

I realized there's a mouth connected to mine....but now it's gone......and now it's back.

I felt like I was finally able to breath and opened my eyes.

As soon as I finally caught my breath, I started to cough up a bunch of water.

I eventually realized that I was laying down in the middle of a large group of people, surrounding me.

Along with the people, there was three lifeguards staring down at me, wearing the same purple uniforms and board shorts.

I tried to sit up, but immediately screamed out as pain shot through my tailbone to my neck and causeme to have a pounding headache.

I layed back down on the board and the pain disappeared.

The lifeguard with brown hair put an oxygen mask over my face and asked me where it hurts, I told him "my back, neck, and head."

He then proceeded to put a brace around my neck, while asking me questions like my name and if I was alone on the beach.

The cute lifeguard then decided to explain that they were taking me to the hospital and something about drowning, I honestly didn't really focus on his talking, I just watched how beautiful he looked in the natural light, and how his hair was just in perfect curls.

The cute lifeguard with the help of two paramedics helped me onto a stretcher, very carefully, which I was thankful for, because they didn't cause me much pain by moving me.

They navigated through the crowd that was sprawled all over the beach, and to the ambulance in the parking lot.

They loaded me into the back of the ambulance, along with the cute lifeguard, and the two paramedics sat up front.

I wasn't in much pain from them moving me, but the stretcher had me at an awkward angle where I was starting to feel pain again, and it was becoming worse.

I didn't know how long the ride to the hospital was, but if it wasn't soon, my pain was going to become close to unbearable. I started to reposition myself, but none of it was working and my pain was still awful.

It was a few minutes until we jerked to a quick stop and the lifeguard was already opening the door of the ambulance to find multiple people dressed in scrubs, ready to deal with anything,

The lifeguard started saying stuff to them, "Maxine Macalister, was surfing at Surfrider Bay and a wave broke when she was inside, found unconscious with no pulse or heartbeat at the scene, performed mouth-to-mouth, regained consciousness, possible spinal fracture and possible secondary drowning from ingested water."

He just gave them the medical history and everything that happened at the scene.

He saved my life.

This lifeguard saved me when I feel unconscious.

I would've died if it wasn't for him.

They started to take me off the ambulance and rush me inside, the pain was getting much worse, but I had to thank him for saving me, I had to save me.

I grabbed his arm as he helped push my stretcher inside. He looked at me to see why I touched his arm.

"Thank you."