"I'm gonna be there for you. We got your back." -Dr. David Langer (Part 2)

"When's the last time you had a cleaning?"

"A cleaning?"

I was somewhat shocked.

But I sure hope Ashton isn't going where I think he's going.

He better not be.

"Yeah, I mean, you're the only dentist here and I'm the only dentist at my office. And it's been quite awhile since I've had a cleaning or a check up, why don't we check each other when your office closes today."

I knew he was going to suggest it.

I just knew it.

I didn't respond back to him, just cleaned up my lunch mess so I could get back into the exam rooms.

"You know what, I'll even go first." He suggested while smiling and showing his perfect white teeth.

Of course a cleaning and check up would be no problem for him, since his mouth is literally perfect.

"Sure." I said with a slight smile, trying to hide my worry and not make him suspicious of me as I walked out of my office to consume myself with patients.

Luckily one of my hygienists was just finishing up a cleaning, so I immediately went into there to give them a checkup.

I maybe went through 6 more consults before I was finishing up with my last patient and Ashton walked in.

Shit.

I totally forgot.

I immediately got tensed as he sat down in the rolley chair by the door, intensely watching me as I tried to be as gentle as I could in my patients' cleaning cleaning before moving the seat up and sending them on their way.

I took off my mask and gloves and washed my hands while Ashton rolled his chair over next to me before he began to get up to get onto the dental chair, but I stopped him.

"Wait. I have a sterile room I keep for emergencies. It also happens to be my favorite room. We should go there instead." I said, getting up and making Ashton follow me.

Technically all of my rooms can be sterile and there's fully stocked supplies, but that is the room I feel the most comfortable in, and if Ashton is going to have to deal with my cavity I want to be as comfortable as I can be.

I took one step into exam room 8, my absolute favorite room, and was greeted by calmness that surrounded me.

The room is surrounded by blues, heck even the chair and most of the equipment in here is blue.

Blue gave me a sense of calm.

I washed my hands and slowly eased on a set of gloves, I'm used to not snapping them because it usually freaks the patient out.

I tied a mask around my face and clipped a bib around Ashton as he watched me open a sterile set of tools.

"I don't know about you, but I like to build on my patients imaginations. So, I will ask you too because currently you are my patient and soon I will be yours. Would you rather go on a rocket ship or a roller coaster ride. Or something else if that doesn't fit your fancy." I asked him, grinning through my mask, seeing a slight smirk come onto my face.

He picked rocket ship. Typical.

"You know, since you also happen to be in my favorite room, it's required you wear these amazing glasses." I said, handing him a pair of blue sunglasses.

"It's a tradition." I said with a shrug.

"The rocket ship is ready for lift off in 3......2......1." I said as I pushed the chair back and tried to hold in my laughter.