Sea Turtles (Part 2)

""Okay, so I have one question real quick. Have you eaten anything today?"

"No. Why?" I asked, super confused.

"If you don't mind me asking, Ms. Fawn. Or may I call you Ivy. What are your reservations against sedation?"

"I hate it. I hate not having control of my body. I hate being anesthetized. I hate not knowing where I am or what happened when I wake up. I hate being pulled to go unconscious." I hope that was
enough to justify myself to Dr. Hemmings.

"Those things can be resolved. And not knowing where you are is a simple side effect of the anesthesia, it goes away within 5 minutes."

"I just can't do it. I'm sorry." I said, getting ready to leave one last time.

"How about this. We have two other friends, one who's a nurse and one who's a radiologist. We'll be with you the whole time, whether you pick sedation or not. Dr. Hood is just trying to help you and the only way he can help you is to get an MRI." Dr. Hemmings suggested as Dr. Hood was silently nodding his head in the background.

I don't know about this, but I do want help for my headaches.

"Will you explain to me what's going to happen. The last time I had an MRI it didn't go over well." I mumbled out, not looking at the two doctors in front of me.

"Well if you choose sedation, we'll go to a room, make sure you're comfortable and ready. Myself, or our friend that's a nurse, if you choose for them to join us, will give you the sedative. We'll wait until you fall asleep and transport you to the MRI. We'll do the scans which should only take half an hour and then we'll transport you back to the room where you will wake up. You'll fall asleep and wake back up in the same exact room. We'll make sure your vitals are good and then the scans should be uploaded and I will be able to discuss them with you." Dr. Hood explained this time, stopping before he continued.

"If you choose to stay conscious during the scans, then we'll try anything to make you comfortable. We have headphones for music to block out the noises. Whatever we need to. Although it's up to you whether you want to do it with or without sedation."

I didn't know what I wanted to do. I didn't want a needle or to be anesthetized for the 100th time. I also didn't want to be awake for the first time, stuck in a gigantic tube.

"What would you do?" I mumbled out, asking Dr. Hemmings.

"I can't make the decision for you. However, based on your situation I would recommend doing the sedation. That way it makes it easier on you and on Dr. Hood." He responded back.

I guess I only have one option then.

"I guess I'll do sedation." I mumbled out, seeing Dr. Hood collect my chart and Dr. Hemmings stand.

"With the rest of our friends, or not?" Dr. Hood asked, reaching for his pager.

"Please." I pleaded, cautiously standing up, not ready for this.

"Alright, Dr. Hemmings I'm going to get her set up in a room. Will you find Nurse Ashton and tell Michael to have an MRI ready for when we get there, and then meet us in the room." Dr. Hood explained as we made our way out of his office and into the hospital hallway.

I reluctantly followed Dr. Hood towards an exam room, while Dr. Hemmings disappeared down the hallway.

"If you just want sit in the bed and chill for a second, while we wait on the others to show up. Do you have any metal on you?" Dr. Hood asked as he sat on one of the four doctors chair in the room.

I just shook my head no, not really planning on talking because I was so worried about everything happening.

I placed my bag on the counter on the side of the room and cautiously sat down on the edge of the bed, not planning on actually laying down in the bed unless I had to.