Parts and Pieces (Read the note in the beginning)

//////////////////

The following are snippets of unfinished parts that I've written. They're not long enough to post or continue. If you think I should continue the part or just have any comments, let me know.

/////////////////

Untitled 4
"I can't follow through with your surgery."

"Why not?"

"I have to know that you have a support system and that someone will be here when you wake up."

"Someone will be here when I wake up. They're just still at work. I told them not to worry. They have enough stress, they don't need more."

"Are you sure they're coming?"

"Positive."

"Let's roll then."

I really hope he shows up.

Untitled 1

"Mom why are we doing this again?"

"Because I have it, so it's just testing to know if you have it."

"But I don't want to know if I have it."

"Well we need to know so we can prepare."

Untitled 2

Thank you Dr. Hood, for everything.

I'm just doing my job.

No, but you took on her case and did everything for her.

Even if she isn't thankful now, she will be later.

And I'm forever grateful to you and your team.

It was my honor.

Unique Times in the Unknown

I watched as he undid the buttons on his dress shirt sleeve and rolled up his sleeves in perfect circles, revealing his large biceps.

That dress shirt completely hid the fact that he even had muscles, but now I've got a front row view.

"I'm just going to take a look, okay?"

His thick Aussie accent was prominent even if he was wearing a mask.

"It might be best if you lay back and don't look."

His muscles gently pushed my shoulders until they came into contact with the ground.

I was already breathing heavily as my mask clung to my face from all the sweat and moisture building up.

I didn't even hear him put on gloves but I could feel the latex as his hands touched around my knee.

"I'm going to have to pop it back into place."

I immediately sat back up, moving my leg away from him.

"No! Please don't. It'll be fine. I can just walk it off. It's okay, really."

"Beatrix."

"Luke."

"I have to pop it back into place, whether you like it or not. So just work with me here and let me help you."

I laid back, covering my eyes with my hands.

I felt pressure on my knee as his gloved hands inspected the area around my dislocated disk.

"Take a deep breath in."

"You aren't going to do a countdown, first?"

"Beatrix just take a big deep breath for me."

I take multiple deep breaths, but it isn't until the third deep breath when I feel a huge wave of pain take over my right leg and tears slip down my face into my mask.

Untitled 3

She did great.

She should be under for another half an hour.

When she wakes up, she'll feel a little groggy but I'll come in and do a quick exam and then she can go back to sleep. She'll need to sleep off the rest of her medicine anyways.

There will also be a nurse distributing her morphine as needed. She'll probably have a severe headache over the next 24 hours.

During surgery, we did take a picture of what we did. Do you want to see?

You see this here...is her brain and that's the cut I made.

Before she gets discharged we'll have to put her back under sedation to get an MRI to compare her scans before and after surgery.

But she can probably get discharged tomorrow.

I'll be seeing you guys in a month for a follow up appointment and MRI.

And then again a few months later, six months, and then every year up until she's fully recovered.

I'll be back before she wakes.