Awkward (Hidden) Dentist Encounter

I am one of the journalists for the best newspaper and news article in our city, The Sunny Snitch.

Our chief journalist recently told us to cover the upcoming elections and assigned individual reporters a candidate.

He assigned me the big task of interviewing one of the most popular mayor candidates, which was an honor to me to have such a big person, I better not screw this up.

I was driving to the candidate's office since he is currently the supervisor of elections.

When I arrived to his office, I got out of my car, brushed off my dress and pulled it down as I grabbed my pen and notepad.

If I pulled off this interview, my boss would be so impressed and would surely give me a promotion, I just need to get through it.

I walked into the nice reception area and was immediately greeted by an overly-excited old lady working the front desk.

"Well hello, you must be Sophia Brown, Mr. Hood is waiting for you in his office. Second door on the left." 

"Thank you." I responded with a smile before I went towards the direction she indicated.

I approached his door, and knocked gently, immediately hearing a come in.

I walked into his office and saw him sitting at his desk concentrating at his computer.

And I was shocked to see a fairly young male in a tuxedo who I guess happened to be the candidate.

I didn't look up the guy before the interview, all I got was his office address, so I'm somewhat shocked that someone so young would be running for mayor.

"Good morning." He said as he stood from his desk and shook my hand.

"Would you like a drink?" 

"Yes, please. Water's fine." I responded as he handed me a glass of ice water.

I opened my notebook to my interview questions and began asking him questions.

He answered the first questions very detailed, which shows that he obviously knows what he's doing.

As he answered one of the many questions about plans to help the city, I took a huge gulp of ice water and immediately cringed as the water went straight to a tooth that I forgot was aching recently.

I just closed my eyes and hoped that it would go away soon, I hope Mr. Hood didn't see me cringe.

I went to continue to writing down notes to his answer and acted like everything was normal until I heard Mr. Hood stop talking.

"Ms. Brown, are you okay?"

Oh no, I think he saw me cringe.

"Huh, oh, I'm fine. I just didn't know that the water was going to be so cold." I said, trying to act cool.

"Um, Ms. Brown, if you don't mind me asking. Do you have a tooth bothering you?" He asked me, but how would he know.

I was cautious to answer him, not knowing what his intentions are, so I took my time to nod my head.

"Ms. Brown, I don't know if you know, but I'm actually a dentist, when I'm not campaigning. You might not know because I have a small, private office on the other side of town. I could you help you...-" but before he could finish, I cut him off.

"No, I'm good. My tooth is fine. Let's just continue the interview." I said with a smile to cover the pain that I was experiencing.

Mr. Hood sighed and then his eyes darted to his computer screen.