That Basic Dinner Date Imagine That Everybody Writes

I was going on my first date, after a long relationship, that obviously didn't end well.

I'm joining the game and ready to get out there.

But maybe I'm so desperate because I may or may not have let my friend set me up on a blind date.

And that's where I was headed.

My friend told me to go to this Italian place down the street at 6 to meet with someone named Ashton, apparently.

It was currently 5:45 and I just left my apartment walking towards the restaurant which was around 4 blocks away.

The city was lively as the sun began to slowly move towards the horizon.

As I walked towards the restaurant, I was trying to keep an open mind because I didn't want to set any high expectations, but I started to imagine the looks of what an Ashton might look like.

But I stopped myself and continued to walk, not wanting to expect a certain type of person.

As I approach the restaurant, I see a large group of people waiting outside the building, one of them has to be Ashton.

I see a very tall, dirty blonde guy who wore a nice red button up with black polka dots and black pants, appearing confused and looking through the crowd.

This must be Ashton.

I cautiously walked up to the guy, and peered up at him.

"Ashton?" I asked, hoping that it was the right guy.

"Cynthia?" Ashton? asked, waiting for my confirmation.

"Yes, hello." I said sticking out my hand for introductions.

"Wow. You look...beautiful." Ashton said as he shook my hand, and then held onto it to lead me towards the entrance of the restaurant.

I guess Ashton had reservations because we were able to dodge the long line and get right inside the restaurant.

I've never been inside this restaurant but I've heard really good reviews and as I looked at the menu, the food was real expensive, I don't know how I'm going to financially recover from this.

The young male waiter came and took our order after serving us water.

Ashton ordered spaghetti and I ordered Chicken Parmesan.

"So tell me about yourself?" Ashton started after the waiter left us.

"Well what do you want to know?" I asked him.

"Favorite Color?" He asked.

"Seafoam. Yours?"

"Red. Any hobbies?" He asked.

"I play piano. Do you play anything?"

"The drums. I'm actually in a small band." He responded nonchalantly, even though he was in a band, that's kinda hot though.

I learned that Ashton has a fear of needles, a man after my own heart. I can't stand needles.

He is also scared of the dark and wears glasses, who would've guessed.