Surgery?

I try my best not to focus on the chaos surrounding me.

Nurses move around the room, placing things in certain areas.

Other random doctors travel to different parts of the room, moving out of the nurses way.

There are doctors gathered up above, down below, and all around.

I look up and all I see are bright lights.

There is one big circular bright light centered right on me.

The room smells so sterile and reeks of hospital antibacterials.

I get goosebumps and shivers from how chilly this room is.

All five of my senses are going out of wack with everything happening right now in this room, except for taste. Although, the smell is so strong, it's taking over my taste buds, which hasn't had anything to taste since yesterday evening.

I close my eyes out of worry that I'll get an anxiety attack, if I don't block everything out.

I'm already nervous enough so an anxiety attack will not help.

Within 5 seconds of my eyes being closed, I already heard somebody talking.

"Is she already under?"

"No doctor. I'm afraid she was having to calm herself down in fear of anxiety attack."

Wow, how could somebody have guessed that so easily from just my body language.

"Annnnaaa." I hear the voice of my surgeon, singing out my name.

I open my eyes to see his piercing blue staring into mine.

"Are you nervous?" Dr. Hemmings asked me, with so much concern in his voice.

I just silently nodded my head, ashamed of how nervous I am about a simple procedure.

Dr. Hemmings cleared his throat and began to take charge of the room,

"If you are not necessarily needed in this room for the procedure, then get out of my OR. That includes you too, gallery."

As soon as he said that, more than half of the room left. There was only around 5 people left in the room, which was much better than all those people that were in here.

"Thank you." I mumbled, feeling a little less anxious.

Dr. Hemmings nodded to the anesthesiologist behind my head, giving him some kind of cue.

I felt a mask come over my face.

Dr. Hemmings grabbed one of my free hands and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"Okay, Anna. Count down from 10 for me, love." Dr. Hemmings said as I slowly breathed in through the mask.

"10."

"9."

"8...." I was feeling so tired all of a sudden.

"7." There was this strong force pulling me to sleep, but I kept fighting.

"6." Why was it so hard to fight it.

"Anna, stop fighting it." I heard Dr. Hemmings say, before I finally did let it take me over and I drifted off into a deep sleep.

I didn't even get to 5.

——————-

A/N

This was probably my favorite one to write.

Hope you enjoy.

Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting!

: )