"Two heads are better than one." -Dr. Randy D'Amico (Part 5)

The fifth and final part of "I don't have a quote for once?"

"Wake up, sleepy head."

I hear the sound of Dr. Ashton's voice.

"I think you told the nurses to give her too much medicine."

Dr. Hood's voice.

"I just wanted to make sure she slept."

"Oh, she slept alright."

"Sleeping beauttyyy."

"Kenzieeeee."

"It's time to wake up, sweetheart."

Now that's a new voice I don't recognize.

I slowly opened my eyes and turned my head to see Dr. Hood, Dr. Ashton, and some other unrecognizable male next to him.

All three of them were wearing bright blue scrubs, they all matched each other. That must be the OR attire.

"Hey there, sleepy head." Dr. Ashton said first, squinting to look at the monitors behind my head before focusing back to me.

"Are you ready?"

I quickly shook my head no.

I was anything but ready.

"What? Why not?" He asked but I quickly diverted my gaze from him.

"Well I'm ready." Dr. Ashton said, with Dr. Hood and the other male all adding onto it.

I look over at the male, hoping Dr. Ashton got my memo to wondering who this guy was.

"This is Dr. Hemmings who I mentioned yesterday. He was kind enough to wake up this morning to be your anesthesiologist for your surgery." Dr. Ashton said, smiling.

"You can just call me Luke." Dr. Hemmings threw in there.

"Although we almost left somebody at home, because they took too long in the shower." Dr. Hood exclaimed, looking at Dr. Ashton before starting an argument with Dr. Hemmings.

Wait...do they all live together. I knew him and Dr. Hood lived together, but not Dr. Hemmings too.

"Are you guys roommates?" I asked Dr. Ashton, who moves out of all the chaos and comes over to my bedside.

"Sadly, yes." He replied, looking to them arguing still.

"So you're still nervous then?" He asked, completely ignoring his roommates arguing just feet away.

"Just a little."

Dr. Ashton still looks at the monitor behind me. It's almost like he's watching me lie.

"You know Luke can give you something, if you feel like you need it."

"Nope."

"Okay, then if you're sure let's start pre-op. And I'll get those two idiots bickering to stop."

Dr. Ashton leaves me and walks back over to Dr. Hood and Luke.

"Gentlemen!" Dr. Ashton yelled, coming between both men.

Dr. Hood and Luke stopped arguing and looked at Dr. Ashton almost as if they were sorry. Almost.

"Dr. Hemmings, pre-op antibiotics please. Dr. Hood, find her chart please, so we can update it with pre-op vitals." Dr. Ashton said before coming back over to me with his stethoscope.

"Okay, Kenzie. I just want you to take deep breaths for me."

I did as told, watching Dr. Calum stand in front of my bed and holding an iPad.