Donor POV

"You know you're a real hero."

"Well I don't feel like one."

"Why are you doing it?"

"You see all those faith in humanity stories, I just wanted to make a difference in someone's life."

"You know there's such things as donations and fundraisers. You don't always need to donate an organ."

"Well I can't back out now. Taylor is depending on me."

I huffed out, looking at Calum who was almost speechless.

"I don't know what you want me to say."

He said as he grabbed his stethoscope off of his neck.

I sat straight up, knowing he wanted to take my vitals.

As soon as Calum told me to take a deep breath, the door opened, revealing the boys.

Dr. Luke Hemmings, who was Taylor's doctor walked in behind Dr. Michael Clifford, who was my anesthesiologist, and then all the way behind them, was Dr. Ashton Irwin, my boyfriend.

Ashton is a cardio thoracic surgeon, but since he's my boyfriend he can't have anything to do with my case, so he's just here for support.

Dr. Calum Hood is the general surgeon that has been assigned to my case since I'm the donor, but Ashton is friends with the guys so I know all of them, since they always hang out.

The boys all walked in wearing their scrubs. Michael and Calum had their OR attire on, while Luke and Ashton still had their white coats.

Luke had to go check in on Taylor before he would hop in to my surgery and grab my kidney and take it to Taylor's surgery.

Ashton still had his white coat because his shift just ended so he could be there for me through all of this.

"Someone's nervous."

"I'm not nervous."

"Your vitals would say otherwise."

I stuck out my tongue towards Calum, who returned it right back to me, sticking his tongue out and making a face.

"Lemme see." Ashton said, trying to get Calum to hand him his stethoscope.

"Are you on her case?"

"Are you a cardiologist?" Ashton retorted right back to Calum.

Calum hesitantly gave his stethoscope Ashton, who almost snatched it out of his hands.

Ashton sat on the bed next time.

"Hey, you wanna take a deep breath for me."

I watched Ashton as he concentrated and listened to my heart.

I mean I was a little nervous, but I wasn't going to show it. I needed to be strong, and let Taylor have a kidney that will save her life.

Ashton's eyebrows furrowed together as he leans away from me, handing the stethoscope back to Calum.

"You are nervous." He says with a smirk as Calum gives him that I told you so face.

"Calum take the rest of her vitals and hook her up to all the machines. Maybe give her a little something."

"A little something?" I asked out loud, very confused.

"It's nothing, babe." Ashton said as he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.

"And you Ambyr, need to put on a hospital gown and focus on calming down. I'm going to prep Taylor, I'll see you after your surgery. Relax, please."