I want a milkshake

"Kar! Can we borrow you for a sec?"

"No."

"Please, it'll only take just a second."

"Ugh, fine."

I make my way down the stairs in my apartment to find my roommate with all her little medical buddies sitting in the nook of our apartment. What they've really done is turned the cute little nook into a library with all the textbooks thrown across the floor.

"What do you need?" I asked Carmen as I entered the room. I was impatient to get back to my room and study.

"Can we examine you?"

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked looking from Carmen to all her little buddies.

"I told you guys she wouldn't be comfortable." Carmen explained, looking embarrassed.

"Rightttt." I turned on my heels and planned to go back up to my room until someone grabbed my wrist and stopped me.

"Wow, your heart rate is exceedingly high. Maybe you should sit down and take a rest."

I looked at the guy in scrubs and pried my wrist from his grasp.

"I'm fine, thank you."

"You know high heart rate and high blood pressure-"I don't need a lecture, thank you."

I made it to the steps before Carmen stopped me this time. At least she didn't grab my wrist.

"We've just been practicing on ourselves so much we need someone new. And someone who doesn't know the medical side of everything."

"Why should I?"

"Well you need a checkup anyways."

"Thanks, mom. But no thanks."

I turn around and start to walk up the stairs again.

"Please, I'll buy you food."

I stopped in my tracks.

"What kind of food?"

"Whatever you want, chick fil a."

"With a milkshake?"

"Yes, with a milkshake."

"Okay, fine. I'll do it. But if any of you guys get handsy, we're done."

I looked to the grins on Carmen and her friend's faces, at least I get food in return.

I walk over to where Carmen and her friends had textbooks all over the place with a stool in the middle of the chaos.

"If you will, please sit on the stool for us."

I already don't like where this is going.

"We're just going to go through the steps of a checkup. But we're each taking turns doing a step." Explained the male that grabbed my wrist earlier.

"Starting with basic vitals is you, Trish." The boy said staring at me but then looking towards a tall girl who stood off to the side.

The girl walked through the mess of textbooks and papers and situated herself right in front of me.

"Hi, I'm Trish and I'll be taking your vitals today."

She seems too proper and textbook based.

She grabbed my wrist gently and began measuring my pulse.

"Very good." She said after a few seconds.

She leaned over to the table behind me and grabbed an old blood pressure cuff and a stethoscope from Carmen.