Aid: The Struggle for Trost (10)

A/N: There are several PoV changes in this chapter.

~Your PoV~

Three of the five soldiers wanted to come with you. They introduced themselves to you. The girl with the dark blond hair was named Luisa, the boy you saved, Dominik and the other Malte.

Suddenly, a Titan comes at you from the front and one from the right. "Titans!" Dominik shouts when he saw them.

"Stay calm.", you say to prevent the three from overreacting again, "We will defeat the smaller one from the right. The way will be clear, and we can ignore the Titan from the front."

Still a bit unsettled, the three agree. It worked out quite well. The three distracted the titan well, so you can kill it without much trouble or danger. A group really had advantages, even if the members were weaker. 

It went on like that for a while. They distracted the Titans and were careful not to get caught and you kill the Titans.

But then Malte became careless for a second. He couldn't react as the Titan raised his hand and slapped him away.

"Malte!" Luisa shouted and lost focus as well, causing a Titan to grab her. Isabella screamed out and spit blood. The titan opened its mouth and brought Luisa, who was kicking in its hand, closer and closer. When he was about to bite her head off, you manage to kill it.

The Titan starts to tumble and then finally falls to the ground, causing a wall of houses to collapse. You run towards Luisa while telling Malte to check on Dominik.

Luisa was buried under the Titan's hand, but she was not dead. You can hear her moaning and groaning in pain. You lift up the fingers of the Titan, so she can crawl out.

"How bad is it?" you ask as you crouch down in front of her.

"Completely broken," she gasps as blood runs from her mouth. Three rib bones poked through her white blouse and she grimaces with each breath.

That didn't look good. There was no way you could somehow get Luisa out of here in time before she bled out or suffocated. You're not a doctor but her condition is almost certainly incurable.

"That's it, isn't it?"

You avert your gaze. "I'm sorry."

From far away, you suddenly hear a shout. "The others need help. I have to go to them..." you want to explain, but she had long since stopped breathing. You run down the street with quick steps before using the ODM gear. You follow the shouts and screams. As you turn left at the corner, you see Dominik lying on the ground. His right leg was twisted strangely. Malte tried to kill an incoming Titan, but can't and dodged it by a hair's breadth every time.

You were quick on the spot and killed the Titan for Malte before you went to Dominik together.

"My leg. I can't move it...!" he presses out in pain.

"The first thing we need to do is get up on a roof. Here on the ground, we have no overview," you say.

Together with Malte, you lift Dominik. You on the left side. He on the right side. You carry him to the nearest roof. From here you could see the four other Titan coming straight for you. In 10 maybe 15 minutes they would be there. So you had to act quickly.

You couldn't just leave them behind. Originally you had intended to stay with them until you were halfway close enough to the wall and they could make the rest of the way on their own and you could get back to the boulder, but you couldn't do that now. An injured soldier, a rather weak soldier and a horde of titans on your way. Those were truly not good conditions and looked dicey even for you. But you couldn't bring yourself to leave them behind and go on alone, after all, you had encouraged them to continue fighting. Maybe they really would have survived if they had stayed on the roof?