The Armored Titan: Restocking of the Supply Base (5)

~Your PoV~

"The Titans are here! Prepare for battle!"

"Yessir!"

With those words began what must have been the most hopeless battle you've ever fought.

Because of the base, you were able to use the 3D maneuver. Those were better conditions than they could be in some other fights.

Still, you couldn't say it was a situation to be happy about. First the Armored Titan, and then the horde of Titans that you felt was bigger than any you had encountered before.

Moreover, you were not in the best physical and mental condition at the moment. You realized this after four successful kills, half of which were only possible with the help of Gelgar and Mikasa.

During your shared training, you already had the pleasure to see the talent of Mike's squad, but under real combat conditions, it was something completely different. The coordination was excellent and they could give clear instructions even now. You didn't see a hint of hesitation and they faced the Titans with courage and determination.

Of course, you didn't intend to give up as easily as some of the recruits did, who now realized that the Survey Corps was the wrong decision.

But you were still impressed by the attitude of the experienced soldiers, who of course were always prepared for death - that was part of the Survey Corps - but nevertheless were just as determined to achieve victory as if it had been possible to achieve it in any case.

If you were honest, you weren't that confident... Together you could already decimate the horde well, but there just wasn't an opening where you could escape. And even such a talented elite unit will soon run out of power as the battle drags on and on.

You hang on the side of the base through your wires of ODM Gear to get an overview.

However, even though you didn't want this to be true, you had to admit to yourself that you wouldn't be able to last much longer.

You had stopped counting how many Titans you had killed or worrying about how long the fight had gone on. The Titans just weren't getting any less...

Once again, your eyes turn to the Armored Titan, who is still just standing there. A thought crossed your mind. Couldn't it be possible that it lured the Titans here? Like Eren did back then in Trost or during the failed capture mission. That had to be it! Titans were lured by humans, but never in this way.

That meant only one thing, you had to once again gather all your energy reserves and try to kill the enemy of humanity before more Titans came. Maybe that was a stupid idea - also because of your current condition - but it didn't look like there was a better strategy. 

With your newly set goal, you pushed yourself away from the tower and swung through the ranks of the Titans, killing one or two that stood in your way.

Through the trees, you had the feeling that the Armored Titan didn't notice you. You wanted to take advantage of this moment of surprise and attack its neck directly with a quick and strong strike that would have meant the end for any other Titan.

Only... it didn't do anything to it. As soon as your swords made contact with its skin, they shattered into pieces, even though they were still unused.

But you didn't want to give up yet, so you drew a new pair and this time attacked its right calf.

This attack too didn't even scratch it, and only resulted in another pair of your blades breaking. You even nearly got sliced by the splinter of the blade on your arm, but you were able to pull your arm away in time, which left you with only a damaged jacket sleeve.