The End of the Battle: The struggle for Trost (12)

~Your PoV~

Eren closed the gate, but it wasn't over yet. Some of the remaining titans were coming right at you. "The Titans are heading our way!" you inform.

"Come on, climb the wall!", Rico orders in a loud voice so that every survivor hears her words.

"We'll retreat as soon as we get Eren out of there," Mikasa replies before running to Eren's Titans. You follow her.

Armin squatted on Eren's neck, trying to get him out of his Titan body. However, he could not be pulled out so easily.

"Armin, how's the situation up there?" you call out to him from below. You didn't feel like getting eaten now that the mission was successful.

"Oh, it's unbelievably hot up here! Come on! I don't think I can do it!" Armin desperately continues to try to free Eren, who was unconscious, from his fleshy prison.

Mikasa and you land next to Armin so you can help him. Rico also joined you. On Eren's titan, it was really incredibly hot and everything was surrounded by steam and smoke.

"His body is already about to merge with the Titan. I can't tear him loose!"

Indeed. Eren's arms and legs were covered with muscle-like flesh that held him to the titan. Tearing him loose won't work anymore.

"Then we'll have to cut him out!" Rico decides. After all, she knew you guys couldn't sit here for hours trying to free Eren. Not with the Titans on your tail.

"Stop! No, please wait!", Mikasa tries to stop her, but by then she already cuts through the flesh. The sudden loss of resistance causes Armin to fall down with the unconscious Eren. Mikasa immediately follows them down in worry, while you and Rico remain standing above. The titans from the distance were getting closer and closer. You had to try to confront them if you wanted to get out of here with Eren alive.

Your attention is distracted from the Titans, when all of a sudden you hear a too-familiar scream that you were getting Goosebumps, fearing your suspicions were true. And it really was. Felix came flying clumsily with the 3D maneuver, trying to dodge the Titans before falling to the ground, as there were no options to shoot the anchors into something.

"Felix! What are you doing here?!", you call out to him hoping he can hear you as he didn't land right by you but slid close to you due to the impact.

Suddenly, two Titans emerged from the smoke, reaching out to you. Everything happened so incredibly fast. You were about to take flight when all you saw were two swords shining in the sun before the two Titans fell to the ground. You were all equally puzzled because none of you had moved from the spot - in other words, none of you had finished off the Titans. So who was it then? That question was secondary to you now, though, because you had to get to Felix. You thought he was going to die.

When you reach him, you immediately snap at him: "What were you thinking? Flying through a herd of Titans like that! You could have died!"

In the meantime, a person lands on one of the two dead Titans and says, "Hey, you brats! Can you explain to me what's going on here?!"

"The wings... of freedom...", murmurs Eren, who became conscious then. But it's true. On the man's cloak was the sign of the scouting squad. The irony did not pass you by. They came now when almost everything was over. You really could have used their help sooner. Why were they always on an expedition when the wall was being kicked down? It was like that five years ago too.

"We can talk later, as well. First, we need to eliminate all the Titans inside the wall," the still unknown scout says before his gaze falls on you, "You look like you still got some fight in you, cadet. Give me a hand!"