Awful Messages: What should we do now? (2)

You are all back at the old headquarters. That was really a lot of trouble, you thought to yourself, and on top of that, Hanji was now blocking your dining room because she wanted to write everything down and go through the documents right away. Yet you could all use something to eat now....

Moreover, Hanji didn't even seem to notice the depressed mood that existed, or she simply ignored it? You couldn't really tell. Anyway, she chewed your ear off on the way back. In the smallest detail, she told you everything about the experiments she had already performed on the two captured Titans - whom she named Sawney and Bean, however, she came up with those names. Most of it was all knowledge that you already had. But it also wasn't like you could have interrupted Hanji when she was pounding on you like a waterfall.

" Is Hanji still not done?" you ask Eren, who was sitting on the stairs as you pass him.

He shakes his head with a no, which made you sigh in annoyance.

"Really..."

You sit down next to Eren, who still looks dejected as he said, "Until they actually turned on me, I hadn't realized it. That they distrusted me so much."

"Don't hold it against them. After all, it's their job. Behind the wall, they have to act immediately if they want to survive," you counter. You knew that Petra and the others were not bad people. Quite the opposite. Surely they are disappointed in themselves right now because they acted so hastily. However, that is probably the very quality that has often saved their lives.

Eren didn't answer you right away, as he seemed to be thinking. "But, that you didn't draw your blades then means that you really trust me and are on my side?"

This time you were the one who didn't answer right away, because you gave him a good smack on the back of the head for his stupid question.

He rubbed the spot you had hit. "Ouch. What was that for?"

"We train together every day and you still wonder if I trust you? We've been over this issue, haven't we? Do I have to listen to this every time you're down now?" Your tone was annoyed, yet Eren couldn't deny that your words put him at ease.

His question made you think. He must have felt really lonely. Most people hated his very existence. And those who didn't, didn't trust him one bit. So it was probably understandable that he felt alone and outcast. A situation that wouldn't bother you if you were honest. You would be rather happy if others would keep a far distance away from you. But for someone like Eren, who would sacrifice everything to liberate mankind, being so despised and distrusted by those same people seemed like the worst thing in the world.

As you were somewhat lost in thought, Eren continued to speak. "That's right, we've been working together for quite a while now, haven't we? I think we make a good team." He didn't look at you when he said that, but looked up with a smile.

"Good team? Well, I think I'm starting to tolerate you."

"You're starting to tolerate me? What does that even mean? You're really weird sometimes, you know?" said Eren as his gaze turned to you to see if it was a joke or meant seriously.

"You should consider yourself lucky. I don't think that way about many people." of course you were serious, "Besides, you're one to talk. I'm not the one here who can turn into a Titan and still claims to want to wipe out all Titans."

"Ha, oh really. You do other things instead. Like the thing with Reiner, for example. Instead of asking what's going on, you let him stare at you like a crazy person all the time. You hardly do anything with others, but yet it was Ymir who became one of your best friends."