Our Motivation: 104th Cadet Corps (2)

~Felix Altenberg PoV~

The training is over Felix is also done with the self-imposed additional training. As always, his performance was not the best. He did manage to do everything the Commandant asked of them. However, he has always been one of those who came last, and he also needed a lot more attempts than others. Moreover, he was in a team with Mikasa, which made his performance look even worse next to such a high-level fighter. In fact, his performance was downright awful.

Eventually, Felix arrives at the barracks. He talks a little with Eren since it was not yet time for dinner.

"Tough training again today, huh? But at this rate, it won't be long before we've mastered the ODM gear. If it helps me become a better soldier so that I can kill more Titans, then I'll do training like this twenty-four seven."

"I believe this wish will come true. With our Commandant...", Felix replied, completely intimidated by the demeanor of the Commandant.

As Felix said this, Eren remembered something. "Oh, that reminds me. Shadis was looking for you. If you hurry, you can probably catch him at the training ground."

Of course, Felix immediately makes his way to the Commandant after saying goodbye to the, Eren.

Eren was right, Commandant Shadis was still at the training grounds, however, not alone standing there with him were Mina and Thomas. Felix had an uneasy feeling + as he stood with his two classmates. Nothing good could come from the fact that he and the two other worst soldiers were ordered to come here. And his uneasy feeling was confirmed when the Commandant started yelling at them. 

"Okay, you maggots! If you are not in it to win it, you can pack your bags and ship out to the Interior right now! Thomas Wagner! Even a waste of space like you could make it in the Interior! They're low on numbers. And you! Mina Carolina! Born in a pigsty, weren't you? Then go back and live with the swine, kiddo! Titans don't eat pork!.... Although I dunno if the pigs would even take a runt like you in! And what about you, Felix Altenberg? You're too slow! Have you been for a walk in between, or what?! Keep it up and the Titans won't eat you anymore, because they think you're a snail!" 

Felix looked down, embarrassed. He knew that the Commandant was somewhat right, but the way he said it and completely put them down didn't make it any better for him.

In the end, the Commandant left without saying another word. To be honest, he didn't even have to say anything else.

"He didn't have to be so harsh. I'm doing my best," Thomas says, exactly what Felix thought after Shadis left.

Mina sighs dejectedly. "I don't know how much more of this I can take ... Maybe the life of a pig is better."

"We should work hard and show him that he's wrong!" Felix says, trying to motivate the two and himself. However, he doesn't even believe in his own words, yet deep down he had the urge to not give up just now, despite how bad he was.

"But I'm working hard!", Thomas replied.

Mina looked concerned. "I'm not sure we're going to make it through training like this."

Thomas looks demotivated to the ground, by now also worried about his well-being like Mina, but nevertheless also not ready to give up like Felix. "But if I'm honest, I really don't know how I can do any better in training." 

"Same here. I'm already training as hard as I can, and look where it's gotten me," Mina said before turning to Felix, "What should we do, Felix?"