That Day: The Fall of Shiganshina (2)

~Your PoV~

Finally, the professor and you arrive in the safe area. The shock is still sitting deep inside you, but you try as hard as you can to not show it, so as not to worry the professor.

"(Y/n), we need to go to a carriage nearby. Can you walk?", Winkler breaks the silence.

"I will be fine," you say proudly. You couldn't leave him hanging, after all.

"Very good. Stay strong," the professor says with his usual warm smile.

So now you are walking to a carriage. After what feels like an eternity, you both arrive. As you drive off, you decide to ask where you are going, to which your teacher replies: "We are going to your relatives."

"To relatives?" you repeat in surprise. The professor had never taken you to anyone he introduced as your relatives before.

"Exactly. I'm sure they'll help us." You leave it at that answer because you don't want to bother him with more questions in such a situation and you don't really feel like cross-examining him after everything that happened.

You drive a bit through the city before you discover large conifers. You find yourselves in a forest. Immediately the soothing smell of nature rose to your nose. You were overcome by tiredness and you close your eyes, soon you find yourself in a dreamless sleep.

It is already night. Everything is silent, except for the galloping of the horses and the driver who occasionally cracks the whip to spur the horses on.

You feel someone shaking your shoulder as you hear a muffled, familiar voice calling your name. As you sleepily open your eyes, you look into the warm face of your treasured professor.

"(Y/n). We're here. Do you hear?" he addresses you softly as he sees you are awake.

You nod in response before rubbing your eyes, hoping to be so not tired anymore.

The professor leaves the carriage, followed closely by you. You take a few steps away from it before Winkler brushes the dirt off your clothes and says, "Be friendly and smile a little, even if it's hard for you."

Before you had a chance to say anything, a woman arrived, wearing a dress that was, for your taste, too tacky. "Ah. Is that (Y/n)?" she cheerfully speaks up. Winkler answers her question with yes, to the surprise of no one, after all, that was the truth.

The woman leans down to your height and pulls on your cheek like grandmothers used to do to their grandchildren. "You're cute, a little shabby clothes but cute. Haha. ", She says in a shrill voice before letting go of your cheek, which instantly turned a reddish color.

"I'm your aunt Viola.", she finally introduces herself. Not a word came from you though, the whole situation threw you off track, first, the Titans overrunning your home, and those of many others, and now this strange woman who also turned out to be the relative Winkler was talking about.

"Cat got your tongue, huh? Hihi.", she says with the same cheerful tone when she realizes that you are not going to answer.

"Excuse me, Countess von Adler. (Y/n) is still a little in shock.", the professor excuses your behavior before turning to you, "This is your aunt. Why don't you say hello?"

"It's a pleasure to meet you ma'am.", you say emotionless, trying to please the professor.

"Now, now child, when it's just us, you don't have to be so polite, after all, we live together now," she smiles cheerfully.

"Living together? Are we staying here, Professor?" you turn to Winkler with wide eyes.

He's about to answer you, but Viola beats him to it. "Oh, dear, no. You'll have to say goodbye to your professor, but you and I are going to have a lot of fun, too!"