chapter 17. the kiss

»»————- ★ ————-««

Scott and Malia helped Harlow back to the loft. The Stark was dreading to go back but she did want to see Derek. She wanted to apologize and she just wanted everything to go back the way it was.

When the trio entered, Harlow sighed when she saw the suit and her station. In all honesty she didn't want to fix it because if it wasn't for the space stone falling from her grip, she would have been stabbed and her and Derek would have been okay.

So if it was up to her, she wouldn't even attempt to touch an infinity stone ever again.

Malia set her down on the sofa which was still facing the window. Both Scott and Malia could smell Derek's scent meaning he was in the loft. Malia sent Scott a look and he nodded.

Derek sat in his room, he heard the door open and he could smell Harlow. He sighed and shook his head, his door opened. He turned to see his cousin leaning on the door frame with her arms crossed.

"You walked away." She stated and Derek sighed, "If you're gonna lecture me, don't. I already got that from Cora." He said. Malia sighed and shook her head, "I'm not. I'm here to tell you that Harlow can't climb the stairs so she'll probably stay on the sofa for a few days." She said.

Derek nodded, Malia sighed and started to walk away, "Is she okay?" Derek asked. She turned her head and smiled, "Physically? She'll be fine but when she we saw her this morning, that was the first time I saw her like that Derek." She said.

"She didn't believe me Malia." He said shaking his head. "Derek, she's scared. She knows she'll leave. You both know that, but she doesn't want to say anything because she's scared. She's fucking terrified that you'll just forget when she does Derek." She said.

Derek looked at her with sad eyes, "She's scared and overwhelmed and when you left she thought she messed up so bad that she cried all night." She said. His heart broke at the news, "I'm not here to guilt you. I'm here to encourage you because you both are good for each other." She whispered.

Malia didn't say anything else, she left. Derek listened to Scott and Malia saying their goodbyes to Harlow and after the sound of the shutting doors of the loft, it was silent.

»»————- ★ ————-««

Derek was laying on his bed when he heard a crash. Despite the guilt and pride he ran down to where Harlow was.

There he saw Harlow on the floor groaning, a few tools on the ground beside her as a yellow stone covered in metal next to her. Derek stood there not knowing what to do.

Harlow sighed and tried to stand up but she failed when she felt pain on her stitches. She fell on the floor and felt tears in her eyes. She groaned and threw the mind stone away.

"Stupid stones." She mumbled and tried to stand up again but failed again. She heard a sigh and she breathed in and out as the tears fell from her eyes.

Derek moved closer to her, placing his hands on her, helping her up. Harlow couldn't even look at him but the tears continued to flow and when she felt his arms wrap around her she let out a sob.

His heart ached at the sight of her. "I'm sorry." She cried out and Derek rubbed her back. "I don't want you to walk away from me Derek, but I also don't want you to hurt when I need to leave." She said in between sobs.

He sighed and pulled her to sit on their sofa, placing her on his lap as he kept his arms around her waist and she placed her head on the crook of his neck. "Then what do you want Harlow?" he asked softly.

He felt her hand clenched his shirt as she cried, "I want to wake up with you and coffee." She started as Derek listened to her, rubbing her back and caressing the small patch of waist that was exposed.

"I want to go on grocery runs with you, I want to watch the sunset at the cliff with you, I want to piss off Peter with you, I want to test Kira and Allison's cooking with you and listen to Isaac and Liam's banter with you." She whispered as she played with the hairs on the back of his neck sending shivers down his spine.

"I want to bully Stiles with you and plan dinners with Scott with you. I want to annoy you with shopping sprees with Lydia and have pillow fights with Cora to wake you up and I want to watch Malia run in her form with you." Harlow continued as she closed her eyes.

"I want to experience Beacon Hills with you." She whispered as more tears fell from her eyes. Derek smiled to himself as tears fell from his too. He pulled away and pushed away the hair from her face.

Derek looked straight into her eyes, sighing at how puffy and red they were. "I'm sorry for walking away." He said. Harlow bit her lip and nodded. He felt his heart race as he cupped her cheek.

"Believe me Harlow when I say you are important to me." He whispered as Harlow looked at him, gazing at his tear filled eyes. "I'm telling you this and I'll tell you over and over again until you believe it..." Derek trailed as he caressed his cheek, "You are my normal Harlow Stark." He whispered.

Harlow let out a soft laugh and nodded, "My life is complicated." She said and Derek shook his head, "It doesn't matter how complicated it gets, with you I can handle it." He said.

She bit her lip and scooted closer, "It's complicated, everything is complicated..." she trailed as she placed a hand on his stubble. "But with you..." she whispered as she tilted her head to the side, "My mind just gets clouded, in a very good way." She muttered.

Her words brought a smile on Derek's lips. "I didn't care about others, I never let people in." he started as he gripped her waist, "I don't let people in and somehow you found your way in, something I never thought would happen." He whispered.

The two shared the silence, staring into each other's eyes. "You are my normal Derek Hale and I don't wanna lose you." She broke the silence. "I don't wanna lose you too." Derek whispered, leaning in.

Harlow closed her eyes, praying to God that no one would ruin the moment. And Derek prayed the same as he moved closer to her. Their breaths fanning their faces, without hesitation Harlow pushed herself to him, their lips crashing into each other.

The sudden burst of energy, sparks erupted through them, the longing from all the almost kisses faded away. Their lips molding together as Derek's hands moved to hold her hips moving her so she was straddling him. Her hands found their way in his hair.

It felt intoxicating and they wanted more. More of each other but of course air was something they needed so they had to break the kiss that left them breathless.

Harlow leaned her forehead on his, her eyes closed as the tingling feeling was still on her lips. She breathed heavily as Derek caressed her hips, savoring the moment before anyone could ruin it.

She slowly opened her eyes to see Derek already looking at her. She smiled at him making him follow her actions. She cupped his face and planted another kiss on his lips, him kissing her back immediately not wasting anymore time.

Derek smiled into the kiss as Harlow chuckled pulling back. Wide smiles and giggled were shared as they laid down on the sofa, basking under the moonlight and the stars.

A moment they will forever cherish as Derek acting as the big spoon as protectively wrapped his arm around her. Harlow closed her eyes, feeling herself succumb into a sleepy state. "Will you be here when I wake up?" she asked.

He kissed her head, "That's what you want." He said and she chuckled sinking more into him. "Good." She whispered as she fell asleep. Derek pulling her closer if that was even possible, scent marking her before falling into sleep himself.