The Boy Next Door

Summary: 18-year-old Harry is way too interested in watching his new neighbor move in. Anne makes Harry come with her to bring them a housewarming gift.

Your classic "boy next door", cute, flirty one shot :)

Also ^ Zayn + Harry = 2 pretty best friends

-

"Niall, he's really hot," Harry quietly says into his phone. For the past hour, Harry has been kneeling in front of his bedroom window, watching a large family move into a house across the street. He swears that he sees a new person every few minutes, which only makes him wonder just how many people are moving in.

"Is he now?" Niall plainly says. "Send me a picture."

"I'm not sending you a picture, that's weird," Harry grumbles.

"Says the person stalking their new neighbor," Niall hums.

"Shush, he just came back outside. Oh my gosh, he's taking his shirt off." Harry watches with wide eyes as the boy strips off his shirt and slings it over his shoulder before picking up a large box. Fuck, he's fit and he has tattoos, he's Harry's type.

"Not to be dramatic, but I think I would faint if I talked to him," Harry says.

"I doubt he's all that. From what you told me, I'm picturing some brown haired twink with stubble. I don't see the appeal."

"He's really cute! You should come over and see for yourself," Harry giggles.

"Who's coming over?" Anne suddenly asks. Harry bolts to his feet and stands facing his mother, who is standing in the doorway; Harry's cheeks are burning red and biting his lip as if he had just gotten caught doing something naughty.

"No one. Well, Niall, but, um, he's not actually coming over," Harry splutters.

"I'm not?" Niall asks over the phone.

"No. Bye." Harry hangs up the phone, then tosses it onto his bed before giving his mother an awkward smile. "What's up?"

"Well, I'm assuming you've seen the new neighbors moving in," she starts, and Harry nods. "I thought it would be nice for us to bring them a little housewarming gift," she smiles, and Harry feels like crawling into a hole and hiding for the rest of his life.

"Why?" Harry asks; having to see the boy he was just watching from his bedroom window isn't quite his definition of a fun time.

"Because it would be nice to welcome them into the neighborhood. Come on."

-

After unsuccessfully trying to get out of having to meet the new neighbors, Harry finds himself holding a bouquet of fresh flowers while his mother is holding a small basket of baked goods. She knocks on the door, having waited a few hours until it looked like the family had unpacked everything from the large moving truck.

"Hello," a woman answers the door. She looks no older than 40, and Harry thinks she is pretty--not in a weird way.

"Hi! I'm Anne, and this is my son Harry. We live across the street," she turns and points to their house, "and we just wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood." The woman glaces at the two gifts and smiles brightly, which makes Harry feel warm inside.

"Thank you! That's very kind. Please come in. I'm Johannah, by the way," she says. Harry looks around the house as his mother and Johannah talk, straggling behind them as they go to the kitchen. He doesn't see any of the other people who were moving boxes. However, he hears noise upstairs.

"Harry," Anne says, pulling him back into the conversation.

"Yeah?"

"Johannah was just saying that she has a son who is going to the same uni as you. How nice is that?" Upon hearing this information, Harry feels sick. Of course the hot boy goes to Harry's school.