Chapter 9

this guy looks amazing in liyue clothes😩 (art credit to @sanrushi)

By a mere glance, you could tell Zhongli's obvious expression of flurried as you walked out from his private spring. It's not a rare thing for you to do such taking a bath in the hot spring. However, that's not the case. He didn't know you would be there when he gave the permission for Childe to clean himself from the chaos impact he had done before meeting Teucer.

Presently in a chair which located in the living room, Zhongli swiftly closed his newspaper and placed it on the table. The thought of you entering the mansion from the linked door to his private spring made him feel somehow erring.

Zhongli was the one who came up with the idea in the first place. He thought it was better to lend one of his spring to Childe rather than travel back and forth. You saw him opened his mouth only to closed it again.

Eminently, you sighed. "It's not your fault," You managed to say a few words before trying to climb the stairs up to your room.

"Still, I'm the one who led him to you... my apologies, I should have checked first."

"Yeah, but he's the one who didn't go out immediately after knowing I'm there." In a loathful tone, you rolled your eyes.

The action of speaking something related to the harbinger made your blood boils. Guess he really has so much affect on you even without his presence at the moment.

Once again, you climbed the path that was briefly stopped when you answered Zhongli.

Before you could completely go to your room, Zhongli interrupted. "Y/N, would you like to keep me accompany with a tea?"

To be honest, you expected Zhongli to keep his distance with you for a while longer. It seems like he has some progress in controlling his emotion towards the person who happened to be your mother.

You chuckled, as much as you wanted to reject his tea invitation; since you've been aiming to slacking off in your room, Zhongli's warm offer successfully accomplished a change of heart from you.

"I mean, I couldn't say no to your six hours brewed tea, right?"

Zhongli let a decent smile painted his face upon hearing your words. His amber eyes shone vividly through the eyeglasses he's presently wearing. In general, he only uses the bifocal glasses for reading. But you might wanted to request him to wear the eyeglasses frequently due how much it suited him. Not to mention, the eyeglasses he's wearing right now was a gift from you.

Heading all the way back down, you took a seat in front of Zhongli. You then tasted the brewed tea he made. The tea flavor of course wasn't sweet, instead it was vapid. You may not be a fan of tea like Zhongli does, but, everytime you tasted his tea you're truly amazed by the fragrant.

"Sensei." You called Zhongli who's currently enjoying his drink.

"Hm?"

"Well... I was thinking, I probably will go to Mondstadt again this year in two days."