Chapter 28

Quick disclamer (once again) this story wont follow the original timeline of archon quest👍🏻

And here's some reference for this ch (u can imagine whatever u want to wear/hairstyle if u dont like it)

credits to orz_orr

credits to orz_orr

Actually i wrote 4k+ words and i had to split the ch into 2 bc i felt like it was too long so yea uh ill update the other part tmr bc i want to revise sumn ;D

You woke up to a vacant bed this sunrise. It was your per usual, supposedly; slumbering alone with no sign of other man's warmth beside you. Until last night, some adjustments have been set by an exact ginger as his scar-lined arm wrapped tight around your waist to bring you a plentiful sleep. Only when the maid came up to your shared chamber you're informed about his whereabouts.

A slight bite of disappointment could be savored, but that's all. Man wasn't in the list of your top priority anyway, avenge was. Still, it was time like this you were irresolute, lacking both assurance and evidence. In a dilemma yet skeptical about certain things. Becoming a harbinger was a lead, natheless, it felt like something was particularly missing.

If truth to be told you're not quite convinced near enough to even be here, despite so, you kept your job on a straight fine line. Acting professional, or at least trying to. It's hard when a lover of yours was biased.

The day started with you accomplishing some regular missions like the rest of fatui, next you practiced, but not in your ideal training ground, it was a dancing class. The last of your dancing lesson, precisely. After all, today was the day of the ballroom Childe has been eager participating for.

The ball was held due various reasons, mainly to celebrate Childe's returnal. It didn't astonish you for the fact some people were willing to hold such event for him, even though it's behind time. Better late than never. Other than that, it's just simply the kind of aristocracy's way to spend their overflow mora.

Regardless, you didn't mind a single care as to his absence. Why, of course, he very likely was doing his job or such. There was no need for you to trouble him.