Chapter 32

One week later.

"So, you really did run away from him?" The boy laughed in a mocking way.

"Not your business."

"Ahh, no wonder he's already making so much mess." He added, as if he cared if the younger harbinger would made mess or not. Beyond doubt, he was just here for the drama.

"And here I thought you had bid him with a sweet farewell."

"Shut up." You retorted. "You better start talking about how we're going to take the traveler down."

Both of you were currently located in Inazuma, to be precise in one of the delusion factory in Inazuma. It was the Balladeer's plan, to lure the traveler here. You would soon need to confront the Lumine for that. This might be against you, but, if it's for Zhongli... you had no choices to make.

The deal with Scaramouche was an agreement you settled for in order to find out the truth, you wouldn't turn the deal off just because you knew Lumine. And since you and the balladeer were in a rush, you two didn't see why you shouldn't carried out the plan a bit more faster.

When this come to an end, you would reunite with that old man and Scaramouche he could do whatever he wanted with the gnosis. Either giving it to the Tsaritsa or whatever it is.

"Just wait."

Knowing how Scaramouche wished to meet the traveler, he's probably using Lumine as a bait for the gnosis. Such a wicked person. You knew about the harbingers that were sent out to different regions for this task.

The tsaritsa had trusted them to take the gnosis and bring it to her hands. Scaramouche was no exception, still, he might be brewing up something else in mind. If not, why else he would want you to make a deal with you.

This was one of the very reasons why you're very hostile to him. Once you let your guard down just a bit, he might stab you in the back and take your gnosis instead. What a bastard.

It's indeed tiring when you need to stay up guard all the time.

Breaking the silence, you asked. "I'm curious, why did you choose me to help you back then?"

"You reminded me of myself." It was out of character from him to admit such thing, after a long journey the two of you had, it is conceivable he seemed to recalling the old version of himself.

"Such a lame excuse, don't compare me to you." You denied his statement.

Without chalant, he shrugged his shoulders off. Not wanting to care about your opinion.

"Take this." He threw a mask he was wearing earlier out of sudden to you.

"Ew, hell no." Either way, you still catched it.

"I've set a poisonous gas for the traveller. That if you wanted to collapse along with the traveller, don't wear it."

"... Thanks, I guess. You could've told me earlier though so I don't have to wear--." You complained.

"Shut up, brat." He placed his index finger in front of your mouth as soon as he heard steps. It was probably the Traveler's steps along with paimon. Paimon was flying though, so she wouldn't make any noise besides from her big mouth.