Chapter 10

"Looks like someone is eager to see me, huh?" Was the first thing you said when you came all the way from your hometown to Mondstadt.

Setting your gaze over the smaller boy in front of you, you mocked him with a small scoff. Without any phrase leaving his mouth, you knew too well the only reason why he was waiting for you this morning right at the Mondstadt's front gate. Obviously, it's because of wine and his mora problem.

"I couldn't say eager is the best term." The bard tugged the corners of his lips upwards at his own words, he seems to be pleased as his conjecture regarding your arrival was right.

Needless to say, he could manage to guess you're going to be here today because he's aware of your family matters, such as: Guizhong's death anniversary and Zhongli who you're presently avoiding. Basically, he was aware you're here in Mondstadt as a configuration of escaping your problems.

"It's more like the enthusiastic to exploit a certain someone's money, ehe." He continued innocently.

Speaking of a drunkard bard from the city of freedom itself, most people would certainly know who is the identity of this blunt person.

You shook your head and sighed. "Remember to say thank you Zhongli. It's his money we're using after all,"

"Don't worry!" Venti grabbed one of your hands, deliberately directing you down a familiar path. Your ears were immediately greeted by a 'Mondstadt welcomes you' when you passed through the guards.

A frown didn't leave your forehead as you walked in the path which led by Venti. If you recalled it correctly, this was the path you usually use to go to the famous Mondstadt's signature tavern; Angel's share.

"Everytime Morax feels the wind on his face, it's just me saying thank you to him with a kiss."

"Right... I almost forgot the reason why Zhongli despises you. You always make this kind of joke,"

"Is it though?"

"Huh?"

"Is it only a joke?"

There was a moment of silence between the two of you while you looked at him strangely.

"I'll pretend like I didn't hear that."

"Also, why are you taking me to Angel's share? It's still 8 AM for Archons' sake!" You spotted a clock in the random house wall.

"Hehe, don't you feel weird saying archon and stuff when there's literally one in front of--"

"Shut up Venti, people can hear you." You covered his mouth with your hand.

"By the way, are you drunk?" Somehow you could smell a reek of wine from him. Besides, he's been slurring a bit from the start. The two of these fact strongly adding your suspicion towards him.

"You've been acting so weird--"

You blinked in suprised when you felt the anemo archon licking your hand. In a swift, you wiped your dirty hand to his favorite cloak.

"Venti, I'm not going to pay your bills. Not after what you did."

"Oh, come on!" He whined.

"You keep covering my mouth. I had to do that so you remove your hand, you know." The bard tried to defend himself.

You rolled your eyes in annoyance. "I'm actually starting to regret coming here."

Arrived at Venti's favorite place, he went inside the tavern, not bothering to answer your statement. Even though you're tired of his drinking habits, you still followed him from behind.