Chapter 19

Step by step you took as you trailed the amicable wisp into unknown. You had to jump out of the window just to make sure you didn't lose it after putting on a pair of bedroom slippers. Fortunately, getting down from such height wasn't a problem for you since your body were in a better condition than before.

Far enough from Childe's mansion, you realized the wisp was gone before your eyes. Leaving you to curse at the sudden conflict. Although you were debating whether you should come back or not, you nonetheless pursued to walk up to a big cuihua tree.

A faint soothing music caught your ears, only by then you realized there was a boy in green sitting down near the tree. His fingers latitued the strings with ingenious, tuning his lyre accompanied by a marvelous melody within each play. The affix doleful rhythm seemed to convey what he was feeling right now.

Upon hearing the melancholy song, you perceived to sense a compact tranquility ensuing all the unwanted things that have happened.

Dead in your tracks, you stood there in front of him. Calling his name with a low voice, "Venti."

The so called god stopped his fingers immediately, showing you a warm smile whilst he brought his eyes to meet yours. You could see his hurted expression even though he was hiding it.

"Perfect timing, Y/N. Come, sit with me." Venti patted the empty space next to him.

You did as he told obediently, taking a seat next to him. A prolonged and general silence followed after.

"How did you come here? And how did you know I'm here?" You asked continuously, finally decided to break the silence.

"Dvalin, of course. And Xiao helped me regarding your whereabouts."

"Huh? Where is Dvalin now?" Your eyes looked all over around only to find naught.

"I told him to wait at Jueyan Karst with other adepti." He answered you with a calmity, different from his usual self.

"I'm sorry for your loss, Y/N." He started again.

You spared him a glance. "You too, Barbatos."

Despite Zhongli's wariness and disliking to the god of anemo. Venti still remained as one of his closest friends who shared the memory with osmanthus wine. It must been hard too for Venti when he heard this agonizing news.

"So, what are you going to do now?" Venti placed his lyre to the empty side.

"I need to find who's the culprit behind this."

"Hmm... Have you got someone in your mind?"

"It's all related to celestia."

"After all, there's no way a human nor someone with a mere vision could possibly hold the power to kill gods." You continued.

Venti nodded at your statement. "It is that old block-head we're talking about, his powers were so much greater than mine and no mundane have the possibility to kill him, even if it's his exuvia."

"Yeah..."

A period of quietness set in amongst the two of you, it lasted for a several seconds before he abruptly called you in a solemn tone.

"Y/N." Not only that, his sudden proximity also surprised you.

"Yes?"

"You have my blessing." With that, Venti kissed your forehead. As it happened a precipitous gust of wind filled your body to the hilt. It made you felt like you just got a new source of life, the power similar alike to the god of anemo himself.