Supreme In Design

Amy walked close beside Rowan as they followed Emma and another agent down the nearly empty sidewalk that led to the end of the long street. The trees were blooming with beautiful pink and red flowers. The roses that clung to the wooden fences had erupted in various shades of yellows, pinks, and reds. With every deep inhale, Amy could smell spring in full swing.

They turned to the left, entering into a lush yard full of tall trees and blooming plants. The sidewalk wound its way around the gardens to the stone steps of a massive building. As Amy's eyes lifted up along the side of the building, she heard herself gasp at the sheer size of it. She now fully understood the importance of looking over the blueprints. They could easily get lost inside this massive building if they were not careful.

Standing before them was a beautiful grand house that stood seven stories tall. Green ivy climbed the walls in sections, rounded tower-like additions graced the corners and the occasional wall. The windows were tall, some beautiful stained glass, with elegant golden trimming. The balconies outside certain rooms overlooked the lush gardens and fountains below. It was a mesmerizing building to behold.

"What is this place?" Amy asked, unable to tear her dark eyes away from the building.

Emma's lips twisted into a sly smile as she glanced over her shoulder at the girl. "Welcome to the Winchester house."

In town, the time team found themselves sitting inside an old diner, dissecting the newspaper they took from the park bench. They had a couple of pages each, trying to find anything that would give them clues as to why they were there. Wyatt even tried asking the waitress about any strange newcomers but the woman seemed aloof and unhelpful.

Rufus sighed, dropping his pages onto the tabletop. "I've got nothing."

"Same," Wyatt mumbled as he let his fall to the table. He rubbed the back of his neck, trying to work out the strain building. "What if Rufus is right? What if this is just a distraction to keep us here in hopes that we get caught in the earthquake?"

Flynn lifted his eyes over the top of his pages to watch Wyatt. He'd be lying if he didn't think the same thing as the soldier but something deep down inside told him this was important. He didn't know why. He turned back to his paper.

Lucy shook her head slightly. "I don't know. There's nothing in the paper to suggest otherwise." She brushed a strand of her hair to the side of her face before twisting her lips in thought.

Wyatt had seen that look far too many times. He knew she was thinking hard over historical details that might even seem minuscule. He kept his eye on her but remained silent as she usually got upset when he interrupted her train of thought.

Flynn continued reading his paper when something caught his attention from the men sitting behind him in the next booth. He blinked, listening carefully to their conversation.

"That crazy old woman is building more onto that house?" one of them asked, almost shocked.

His friend replied, "I saw more workers show up this morning."

"How much more could she possibly add to that house?"

"Beats me," the second replied. "There were a few women too, so maybe I am misinformed. Perhaps they are servant staff."

Flynn folded his papers and set them down. "I know where they are."

The team turned to him. "What?" Lucy asked, stunned. "Where?"

He motioned with his head as he slipped out from the booth and made his way toward the door. The others followed him out. As they walked down the lane, Flynn turned to Rufus and asked, "Do you happen to remember which direction the Winchester house is located?"