A Song From Her Memory

Present Time

The Lifeboat landed in the padded room without a sound. The team started to emerge from the machine when the door to the landing room opened. With the door open, the team could hear the warning overhead on the speakers. "Incoming traveler."

They exited the landing pad and into the hallway. Agent Christopher asked, "What happened?"

"We think we know what happened at Roanoke," Rufus told her.

Agent Christopher's brows drew together. "The lost colony?"

"Not so lost after all," Wyatt muttered. "Stolen."

"Stolen?" she repeated, glancing about the team. "Could someone explain, please?"

Lucy opened her mouth to speak when Wyatt chimed in, cutting her off, "Rittenhouse or Bloodstone took the entire colony."

"Why would they do that?" she asked. "What do they gain from that?"

Wyatt shrugged. "I don't know but Jiya was there," he stated, glancing over to Jiya.

Jiya shifted in her place, holding her hands up defensively. "I swear, I don't know anything."

Flynn watched Wyatt carefully. Wyatt stated, "I just wish you would be more helpful when you pop through time."

Jiya scoffed, pulling away slightly. "Yes, I purposely withhold information just to spite you," she retorted sarcastically. She rolled her eyes, walking away from him before he could say anything else.

Rufus grimaced as he turned his attention to Wyatt. "Dude...really?"

Wyatt shrugged like he was innocent in all of this as he watched Rufus follow Jiya out of the hall. He shook his head, turning to the others who were looking at him with disapproving glances. "What? I'm saying this now so when she does come to find us, maybe she'd be more helpful...I didn't mean she was doing it now..." he sighed, adding, "I'll apologize later."

Agent Christopher gave him a silent lecture behind her gaze before asking, "What else do we know?"

Lucy filled her in on the men they had encountered from Jamestown having been in the colony, the strange marks in the mud, and the carved message on the tree. Then she described what Flynn believed it all to mean.

When Lucy finished, Agent Christopher turned to Flynn and Lucy. "How worried should we be that Rittenhouse or Bloodstone are taking whole villages?"

"I think it's Bloodstone," Flynn stated, crossing his arms over his chest. "They've taken people from their timelines before. Maybe they figured out how to take more than one."

Agent Christopher's brows drew together. "Are you suggesting they have more than one machine?"

He shrugged. "Or they've found a way to travel through time with more than four at a time."

Lucy added, "It could even be possible we're seeing different versions of them...Mason said our futures change..."

Denise sighed, pinching the bridge to her nose. "Get some rest." Lucy and Flynn exchanged glances before leaving Agent Christopher alone with her thoughts.

Flynn walked down the hall toward his room. His mind thought back over the details of the mission. He knew he missed details - details Future Jiya told him to look for. He tried to let his frustration with Wyatt go - knowing how hot-headed the man could get - but this felt important to him. He hated that he didn't speak up but he knew how tired all of them have been lately - Wyatt especially. The poor guy had fallen asleep, just like the rest of them, it was unfair to hoist all of the blame onto Wyatt when the rest were just as guilty - he was just as guilty. He knew he owed the man an apology for not having heard anything during his watch - hard to do when you're asleep in a building on the outskirts of a colony.