Chapter 2

I wake up and get dressed for school. I have spare time, so I play around with my hair. I finally decide to put my hair into a side braid. I text Jay on my way to school. About half way to school, I see Skylar's car. I wave her over. "Can I get a ride?" I ask.

"Of course!" Skylar says.

"Thanks!"

"Anytime."

When we got to school, I could see Val and Jay. I didn't expect them to be here before me. "Hey guys," I yelled.

Jay smiled and Val waved I ran up to them. "What's up?" Val asked.

"Nothing. I do have one question, though. Why are you two here so early?" I asked.

"We were here so Jay could practice. After he practiced, we played one-on-one to see how good he really was," Val explained.

I laughed a little, then the bell rang. We all walked to class. I sit next to Skylar in all of my classes, and I sit next to Daniel in two of my classes. One of those classes is my first class, Science. I like it because we're sometimes lab partners. The second class is right after lunch, art. I absolutely love art, and since Daniel's in my art class, art's even better.

During my free period, I hang out with Jay. We laugh a lot and completely forget we're in the horrible place known as school. I enjoy hanging out with Jay.

"So, Jay. Why couldn't you come to the game yesturday?" I asked.

"I had to practice a lot. My game today could cost us everything. If we win, we'll be against the top school, but if we loose, our season would be over," Jay explained.

"Oh. Well, you missed a great game."

"I heard."

We sat in quiet until the bell rang. It's time to leave. Thank goodness. I have to tell Skylar and Val how awkward my conversation with Jay was. It's never been that awkward. I hope Jay's all right.

"Hey Val, have you seen Skylar?" I asked.

"No. Why?" She asked.

"I have to tell you and Skylar something. Important."

"Okay. Let's go find her."

"Okay."

We finally find her in the gym. We still have time before Jay's game, so I can tell them everything. "Hey," Skylar says.

"Hey," Val says.

"I have to tell you two something," I say.

"Fire away," Val says.

"Okay," I start.

I explain everything and they both feel the way I feel, confused and upset. Just as I was about to talk, the game starts.

Jay's team won 64-59. We were all really happy for Jay. He made the winning basket after all. Me, Val, and Skylar run down to congratulate him.

"Nice job," I say.

"Thanks," Jay says.

"That was an amazing game!" Skylar exclaims.

"You were great," Val says.

"Thanks," Jay says, smiling.

"Welcome," we say.

Sure. Now he talks to me. I bet it's only because I'm with my friends.

"I have to go. Sorry," I say. "Skylar, can you drive me home?"

"Sure. I'll be right back," Skylar says.

"Thanks," I say. "Bye guys."

"Bye Kay," Jay says.

"Text you later," Val starts. "Bye."

Skylar drives me home and I go sit on my bed. I think about what happened today. I realized my day sucked.