Chapter 11

"Well," I say.

"Yes?" Jay asks.

I take a deep breath and say, "I think we should break up."

He stares at me for a minute, blankly, then says, "Wow."

"I'm sorry. It's not you. You're a perfect boyfriend. I just can't date right now. I'm really sorry."

By now I'm crying again. Jay puts his arm around me and brings me close to him. "Hey," he says. "Hey. It's okay."

"Really?" I ask. "You're not mad?"

"I mean. I'm kind of mad, but I'll get over it."

I'm upset again. He's not that upset. I guess I kind of did make the right decision, sadly enough. Jay gets up and leaves. I don't blame him, though. If I just got dumped, I'd leave. After he leaves, I start to cry. I wonder if that was a bad idea.

I invited Sky and Val over to  talk with me. They arrive in about 5 minutes. They must have come here together. I hear Val say, "Hey."

"Hey," I say

"I'm really sorry," Sky says.

"Yeah," Val says. "Sorry."

"It's okay," I say. "I just want to know one thing."

"Yes?" Sky and Val ask.

"Was it stupid of me to break up with him?" I ask.

"Well," Sky starts.

"I knew it," I interrupt.

"You can do whatever you want," Val says, trying to make me feel better.

"I guess," I say. "I just feel bad."

"I know," Sky says. "Every girl feels like that when they beeak up."

"I know," I say.

"We're here to help you," Val says.

"Yeah," Sky says.

"Thanks guys," I say.

Val and Sky help me feel better, or atleast try. Whatever they say, makes me feel more and more guilty. I don't want to tell them, though. It'll just make them feel bad. I don't want them to feel bad about trying to help.

I don't talk to anyone for the weekend. I'm too upset. I feel like I made the wrong choice about breaking up with Jay. I kind of miss him. I can't think about anything, or anyone, except Jay. I miss him. A lot.