Chapter 14

"Yeah." Jay says.

"Really? It looked like you were making out with Rose in homeroom! How is that not what it seems?!"

He looks a little frightened. "Sorry," I say.

"It's okay." Jay says.

"No. It's not. I still like you and I got ridiculously jealous. It hurt me."

"Wow. I didn't know you still felt that way."

"I do. Oh! You were saying before I rudely interrupted."

"Oh. She kissed me. By force. I didn't like it. When she finally got off, you were gone. I'm really sorry."

"Wow."

"So, I packed us a picnic to show you I was sorry. I remembered you said that the perfect date, to you, was a picnic. I packed this picnic, for you."

I can feel myself blush. Jay smiles and pulls my so I'm laying on his shoulder. "I'm sorry," he says.

"It's okay," I say.

He kisses my forehead and I like it. "Are we all better?" I ask.

"We're all good," Jay says.

"Great."

We have our picnic and then we talk for a while. I end up sitting in the tree just above Jay. I always dreamed about having the perfect date, and this is the perfect date to me. I wouldn't have changed a thing. Jay has to go first, so I hop out of the tree and kiss his cheek. "Bye," I say.

"Bye," he says.

He leaves and I climb back into the tree. I find it kind of comfortable. When it starts to get dark, I jump down and go home. This was one weird day. I like the way it turned out though. I go home and have a snack before I jump into bed. I grab my phone and play games until I fall asleep.