Chapter 4

Yesterday, I chose who I'm going to Prom with. It took Skylar, and Val hours to help me. We finally decide They both seemed to like my choice. I like my choice, too.

Today, Skylar, Val, and I are going dress shopping today. Skylar's going to pick me up and Val's going to drive herself. We're going to the place in the Mall. I've been looking at a certain dress in there for a while. I finally earned enough money to buy it.

I heard a car honk. That must be Skylar. I yell bye to my mom. I run out and jump in her car. "Hey," I say.

"Hey. Ready to go?" Skylar asks.

"YES!! I've been waiting for this forever!!"

"Me too!"

We drive to the Mall and find Val. We walk to the food court so me and Val can get some food. After we finish eating, we head to the dress store. I look in the window and see the dress I like. We split up and are going to meet up at the changing area in ten minutes.

I look around and find a necklace that's the same color as the dress I'm going to get. How awesome is that? All I need is some shoes to match it. That shouldn't be too hard. I walk over to the dress and find my size. I head to the dressing area to try it on. It fits perfectly! I can't for Val and Skylar to see!

Ten minutes pass and we meet up. We're going one at a time. Skylar's going first. She changes and comes out in a beautiful blue dress. It's thin straps, has jewels around the top part, and touches the floor. It makes her look like a princess! "What do you think?" Skylar asks with a nervous smile.

"It's amazing!" Val says.

"You look beautiful in it!" I say.

"Really?!" Skylar says.

"Really," Val and I say.

"Aww! Thanks!" Skylar says.

Now it's my turn. I really hope they like it. I change into my light purple dress that puffs out on the bottom, kind of like a tutu. It doesn't have any straps, has jewels around the waist that make it look like a belt, and it's knee high. I also pit on the light purple necklace. The necklace has one jewel on it. I can't think of a better outfit.

I walk out and their faces light up. They both have huge smiles. "What do you think?!" I say excitedly.

"Wow. Just wow," Val says.

"You look, beautiful," Skylar says.

"Thanks!" I say.

Now it's Val's turn. She comes out. She looks amazing! Val's wearing a green dress with one strap. There is a line of jewels that cover the strap. It ends just below the knees and it's flat.

"I never thought you would ever pit on a dress that makes you look that pretty," I kid.

"You look gorgeous!" Skylar says.

After we buy our dresses and any accessories, we go to the shoe store. I instantly find a pair of dark purple flats. They would look perfect with my dress! I can't believe how lucky I am today! I find Val. She seems to have found some shoes too. Val shows me a pair of black high heels. We both find Skylar. She has a pair of white high heels. They'd look amazing with her blue dress.

We pay and leave. That was a successful shopping experience. I can't believe Prom is  only two days away!

*The Night of Prom*

Me, Val, and Skylar are all going to meet at Prom. I hope my date gets here soon. I can't show up to Prom late! Then I hear a car horn. I look outside and I see a limo. Aww! He got us a limo! Then I see him standing, so you can see him through the open sun roof. I go outside and smile at him.

"Hey Kay," he says.

"Hey Jay," I say.