chapter 7

February 16th, 2041

3RD PERSON

"Mom, do you know where Josie is?"
Voice of worried Michael echoed through the house while he approached the living room.

"Huh?"
Lexi and Bryce were sitting in the living room, both in their own world, not talking much. Kids were supposed to pack up their stuff for few days and then stay with Bryce and Addison, while Lexi 'sorts out her shit' as Bryce said.

"She isn't here, in the house. Nor in the yard."
"What?!"

Immediately, both Lexi and Bryce jumped off the couch, going on the different parts of house.

"Josie?! Josie!"

Their yelling filled up the house as all of them got really worried. Lexi's hands even started shaking from anxiety. Where the fuck is she?! She just wanted to find her 13 year old daughter.

They were quick to dial Addison, Josh and Amelie to see if she is maybe at their houses.

Maybe she was mad at me for earlier and decided she wanted to clear her head so she went there?
Lexi thought, before Amelie picked up her call.

"Amelie, is my Jo at your house maybe?"
"No, P and I are alone."
"Fuck."
"Why? Is she not home?"
"No. She was in her room, and now she is nowhere to be found. Listen, I gotta call Josh and Nessa quickly, just call me if she comes."
"Jesus. Okay, I'll call Blake to inform him. He is still on the work."
"K."

Lexi was quick to hang up before calling Josh, knowing he's at home.

"Josh? Josh? Is Josie at your house? Please tell me she is-"
"Woah, woah, woah. No, she isn't. Why? Why are you panicking?"
"She went missing. She was in her room and now she's not there anymore."
"Fuck. Did you call Bryce and Blake?"
"Bryce is with me and he's calling Addison, and I called Amelie. She's not there."
"Fuck. I'll be over in two minutes."

Josh quickly hung up, telling Nessa what happened so she would stay home in case Josie comes there. He rushed with his car out of the gates and drove into Lexi's front yard.

"She's not there either."
Bryce said once he hung up. Lexi's hands started shaking more, as if she was on verge of panic attack.

"Lex, breathe. We'll find her. Where are your pills? In purse?"

He helped her sit on a chair and held her by her shoulders so she'd look at him.

He found her pills and handed her one with cup of water.

"Guys?!"
"Did y'all find her somewhere?"

Michael and Josh entered the kitchen at the same time, looking at two of them, worried.

"No. She's nowhere to be found."
"We need to call Blake so people from office go and search for her. Lexi and Michael will stay home with Eva, and we are going to search for her. Does she have any friends where she might stay at?"
"Ashley."
"Lex, do you have her number or address or anything?"
"No. Mikey you dropped her off once with your friends. You remember where is it?"
"Yes. Let's go there."
"You're staying here with your mom and cousin, buddy."
"No, I have to go with you. I can't just sit here. I have to talk to-"
"Okay, Lexi you're going and Mikey is staying with Eva."

Soon, everyone they knew was searching for the missing girl.
Bryce was in the car with Lexi, driving to the address Michael gave them.

"Hello?"
"Hi. Uh, I'm Lexi, Josie's mom. She is friends with your daughter Ashley, right?"
"Oh yeah. I'm Elizabeth. How can I help you?"
"Did Josie maybe come here tonight?"
"No, she didn't. But I'm pretty sure Ashley went to meet up with her somewhere."
"Do you know where?"
"Why? Did she not tell you?"
"We think she ran away. She was in her room, and then all of sudden she wasn't there."
"Oh God. I don't know where two of them went. I truly don't."
"Are you able to call Ashley or locate her number or anything?"
"Yeah, come in."

Woman let Lexi and Bryce inside of the house, while she found her phone.

"She's not answering. Let me locate her phone."

Inpatiently, they waited for Elizabeth to track Ashley's phone with hope they can find Josie.

"Her location is turned off. Last time she was here in the house, two hours ago."
"Fuck."

Bryce muttered under his breath while getting up.

"Okay, I'll give you my number, and, please, as soon as you locate Ashley, she answers your call or comes home, or anything, please call me."
"Yes, of course. I will do anything to help."

They sat in the car, driving around the city where Lexi knows Josie hangs out time to time.

But she wasn't there.

Like the ground ate her up.

"Did y'all fight before she ran away?"
"No. S- I did ask her something which made her get mad at me, but I think it was just an act because she didn't want to tell me the truth."
"What exactly?"
"I asked if there's anything more than friendship between her and Ashley. They've been acting really weird. And I didn't mean anything bad by it. She can like who she wants, it's not my place to care about as long as she's happy."
"And what did she say?"
"I don't know, she was immediately shifting weirdly on the bed and was like 'No, of course not. Why'd you even ask?' and I said I was just wondering and she immediately pushed me out of room, saying that I made her mad with that question."
"Maybe she's scared to tell you."
"But I wouldn't tell her anything. I would support her no matter what. I'm part of community too, I would never tell her she can't love someone, because she doesn't get to choose."
"Wait, what are you?"
"Bi."
"Oh, yeah, I totally forgot about it. I remember how Jaden was jealous when you two met and you said you had a thing with a girl."

Chuckle left both of their mouths, while Lexi wiped away her tears.

"Wait. Jaden. Go to his spot."

Bryce took a turn on the street, speeding up to Jaden's spot.

░░░░░░░░░☹☻☹░░░░░░░░░