𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 9.5 - 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙍𝙚𝙙 𝘼𝙪𝙧𝙖

I ran and ran until I couldn't anymore. Until the sounds came to a stop and I was once again left alone with my own thoughts, and nothing more.

The discovery of my body traumatized me in a way, eventually coming to a stop and letting my body collapse. I sat, the empty black vastness never once changing. It was the one thing I could trust wouldn't change.

The sudden sounds of the discovery shocked me at first, but now, I was terrified of it happening again. Who knew if it would just return, sending me down a spiral once again? I was scared, terrified of it happening again. I didn't want to know what would come of my body, or the reaction from my family and community. I didn't want to hear the details, of my death or of the reactions to my death. I wanted to be apart of my living self entirely.

I laid, not moving my newly discovered body. It took effort to move it in any way, the feeling being inhuman, and I just didn't want to do it. I didn't want anything.

The more I thought of it, I decided the afterlife was great and everything I had wanted, but not enough. I wanted to be completely gone, to not have thought.

I tried to believe that the most had already happened, such as my memories flashing before my eyes, the discovery of my body having the ability to move, and the discovery of my dead body in the living world. What else could I expect to happen? I came up short with an answer after much time of thinking of one. I hoped this was it, and no other painful reminders would find their way to me.

Although, hope isn't enough. I thought I would have learned this by now, that hoping for something isn't enough to ensure the outcome I wish for. Somethings just are. When could I come to terms with this?

My hope for no other change wasn't enough, at all.

The glowing light caught my attention, it was faint, I could hardly see it at first. The change in the once flat, blankness made me feel sick. Red light? Is that Hell?

I didn't move towards it upon discovery. I stared at it, for a long time. What would I find beyond this vastness, beyond the empty world I found myself in? I wanted to believe I had been seeing things, that my imagination was just too overactive. Maybe I had spent so much time here that I began to see things. Yes, that had to be so.

But it wasn't. I knew that deep down.

Did I deserve to go to Hell, if that is what the glowing red aura is? I didn't think so. I truly believed I did everything right in my living life, what could I have done to put myself in the same place that killers, murderers, are sent? There was no way.

I wasn't a religious guy, and my family had never introduced me to church, or religion. I didn't know what would be there, or what to expect. I didn't know if I truly belonged there.

When I left Earth, and decided I no longer wanted to be alive, I left with the intention that I wanted it to end. Everything. I wanted nothing. I didn't want to think anymore, to feel anything, but the longer I found myself in the afterlife, I realized none of that could truly happen. The thoughts never left, just the judgmental demons. My body never left.

There was more to the afterlife, I realized. I didn't regret my death, as I really did want away from that life. But, death wasn't what I thought it would be. It wasn't an immediate end to everything conscious. And I finally realized, there was more to my afterlife than just this empty void. I didn't know what yet, I was too afraid, but I knew there was more. I couldn't expect the nothingness I once thought would follow, I came to terms that more would follow, I just didn't know what yet.

The glow pulled me towards it, a force I had never felt before. Something within me told me to go towards that light, but I refused. I wasn't ready yet.

I allowed myself to become more familiar with my new, yet same body. The way I moved was as if I had to tell my brain to do something each time it needed to happen. It was so, so different from living, but the body was exactly the same. The same Jaehyun I knew my whole life. I came to terms with the fact that this was me, not just a vessel carrying a soul like many believed on Earth.

I relearned how to run more comfortably, to move my limbs better than I had. I practiced as a way to distract myself from the aura that pulled on my soul, to follow it.

While I practiced using my new body, overtime I realized how much easier it got, and more comfortable. It felt as if I was growing more powerful, and healthier than ever. Like I was truly alive, more alive than I ever felt on Earth. I didn't know why, or how, or if it was merely my new body doing it, but I felt powerful. I felt different.

Just laying and focusing on my new body, I could feel the electricity flowing through me, igniting me. I didn't know just yet why, but it did. And I loved it.