𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 13.5 - 𝙉𝙤 𝙏𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙇𝙚𝙛𝙩

A loud slam shook me awake, the table under my weight shaking along with the loud noise that hurt my ears for a moment. My eyes were blurred for a moment as I came to, the sight before me just the same as before I had gone to sleep. Unfortunately, it wasn't a nightmare.

The strange man who angrily sat before me when I had first fallen asleep had just closed the last book on the table, the others stacked on his other side. Could he really have finished all those books while I slept?

His face didn't read the same frustrated and angry man who had led me through the house and who sat before me when I first shut my eyes. He now sat before me with his two fists extended across the table, his jaw hinged shut in a way that seemed almost painful. His neck down to his exposed chest was a bright red color, almost matching his hair color. I could just tell he was beyond angry, he was now pissed.

I couldn't tell why, I couldn't figure out why much of the things that had happened did, I didn't even know why we sat here in this library, or why I felt as powerful as I did, or what the man was researching. I knew nothing, but what I did know is that he was pissed.

The legs of his chair screeched as he stood quickly, his hand once again finding its way to my wrist, dragging me from the chair to my feet.

"Stand up." His cold voice spoke to me, I couldn't help the sound of resistance coming from me, the tight hold on my wrist being too much. I was scared, more so than when I first arrived. I was just, so confused.

The red eyed man yanked open the heavy library doors with just one hand, his tight grip on my wrist never once letting up for just a moment. I wanted to cry, the tears found there way to my eyes but they never spilled over. I watched as he pulled me through more undiscovered sections of the palace, through even dark halls than the first few, and up stairs I didn't know where they led to. He seemed stronger than he looked, but I still barely held him back, walking as best I could.

I tried not to resist much in his grip, afraid of the electrifying pain he had sent through my body when I first arrived at the gates of Hell. I didn't want that again, and tried my hardest to comply and follow him with no complaints. From what I could see, his face remained the same. He looked beyond angry, but also stoic and calm at the same time. It baffled me, and terrified me.

We eventually stopped at one door, in a particularly dark hall. Maybe it was just as dark as all the others, but it felt darker. He twisted the handle open, not waiting even a second before his hand laid on my shoulder as he shoved me into the room.

I stumbled for a moment, my new post-life body still slightly hard to control, but I made due. I landed on my knees just inside the room, expecting the man to shut the door, and lock it with a key he'd throw into the fires outside.

But he didn't, his voice was so quiet it seemed like a whisper in the somewhat small room, "You'll stay here. Don't leave unless told to do so." The door shut loudly behind him, the sound of his voice echoing around in my head afterwards.

I was shocked, and confused, my chest heaving from the extremely fast paced walk through the palace, and fear of the unknown.

I didn't know what took over me, the cries suddenly pouring from my body. I never raised from the cold floor, instead letting my body sink into the floor as it shook from the mere intensity of my cries. I wasn't made for Hell, fear and unknown alone causing me to feel as though I had locked up my feelings and needed to expel my emotions in the only way I knew how. Tears.

And boy, did I cry. The sobs didn't stop, just paused a few times as I hoped I could just fall into a deep sleep and never come back. I was confused, more confused than I had ever been during my time on Earth, and even more confused than I had been when all I knew afterlife to be as was just a blank vastness. All of that had been less confusing than this moment alone.

The tears came to an end eventually though. I didn't know how much time had passed, but the floor accepted me and I didn't move from it for a while. When my tears ran dry, when I had no tears left, that's when it truly hit me.

I don't know where I am, or if I'll ever leave this place. Who knows, maybe this man will leave me in this room, never returning. Would this room, these four walls, be all I know for the rest of my life? What even is the rest of my life? Or is this for eternity?

I laid emotionless on the floor, no more tears left in my body. Even if I could muster up more tears, I don't think I would even cry. What was the point in crying, when the pain never truly left my body? I was left with all this pain, and no tears left anyways. Crying wasn't going to fix this, it wouldn't get me out of this situation.

At the end of the day, I technically chose this for myself. But that wasn't the problem. The problem was the confusion, the pain that came with the confusion, that's what the problem was. No answers.

So I laid there.

I didn't move to the mattress that laid on the floor. I kept to the cold floor, not bothering to move from it.