Nothing

Lisa watched as Roseanne chatted with her friends, Yeri and Somi. Tossing her long blonde hair if necessary. Her childhood friend always had friends,whilst Lisa was on probation for drug dealing. She barely showed up to school on time. They hadn't talked since fifth grade. Although they did exchange condolences when Lisa came out about her mom dying in a car crash. But that's as three years ago. This was now, the black haired tall girl staring at the short blonde from across the hallway. When they caught each other's eye they smiled before surprisingly heading the same direction.

         "Wow, the perfect student walking with me?" Lisa asked with a wide grin as Roseanne hid her face in her hands. The two kept walking silently after that. When they walked in, they saw each other's best friends standing over 2 desks waiting for them to sit down. Roseanne was quickly pulled over to one by Jennie, Lisa's best friend. Lisa to the other by Jisoo, Roseanne's best friend. "You two are gonna sit in here until you finally get together and kiss, good luck you two." Jennie said waving her fingers over her shoulder before shutting the door gently.

            "Who's gonna tell them love?" Lisa asked as she got up and sat on the corner of Roseanne's desk. The blonde giggled and leaned up to kiss Lisa after waiting a million hours during the school day. When the two parted they felt 5 pairs of eyes on them. "I'm not telling them Lisa." Roseanne said meekly as Lisa pulled her up by her hand. Lisa wordlessly guided them to the door before wrapping her arm around the shorter girl's waist and tucked the blonde's head into her neck and opened the door. They were met with 5 matching expressions.

"What happened in there?" Jennie asked as Lisa walked with Roseanne out the door. The friend group quickly trailing behind them as they walked to the exit. "Absolutely nothing Jennie." Roseanne said as she wrapped her arms around Lisa's middle. Jennie scoffed and Jisoo rolled her eyes. "This doesn't look like nothing." the younger girls in front of them shared smiles before Lisa turned to look at them. "We've been together idiots." Everyone's jaws immediately dropped and everyone went silent. The first to pipe up was Yeri. "Since when?" she asked coyly as everyone's eyes focused on the small girl.

The couple didn't answer though. They kept walking with their eyes focused on the door. "Since I got on probation." Lisa said in a emotionless tone. Everyone quieted. Roseanne knew how Lisa got when she was asked or talked about being on probation. It's not like she wanted to be a drug dealer in the first place, she needed the money for her dad's medical bills. She had to get it one way or another. That was the only way possible for a high school girl, plus it got people to talk to her even if it was about drugs.

                 "Sorry Lisa, I didn't mean to." the small girl apologized as she quickly walked ahead and burst out the school doors. The small group stayed quiet til they got outside. "So what happened in there?" Jisoo asked again as Lisa opened the passenger side door for Roseanne. The two exchanged an eye roll before turning to face the girls. "Nothing." the blonde nerd said with a sneaky smile before ducking into Lisa's car, quickly joined by the taller girl. The shorter leaned over and pecked her cheek as she sped off with the group of girls trailing behind them screaming.

they breathed

they breathed.🥺