Cheat

Ava surfed through her tasks today gracefully. Julia was faraway.

“Hi, Av,” Dave greeted her around lunchtime.

“Oh, Hi!” Ava responded with a smile.

“Are you okay?” Dave asked.

The smile on Ava’s face grew wider. “Gosh, Dave!” she scolded, “I swallowed you dry yesterday, and I sucked you dry this morning. Yet now you offer me your seed again? Calm down, boy!”

Dave felt his face burned. “No! That’s not what I mean!” he protested, “I really want to know if you are all okay.”

“Thanks for your concern, Dave,” she said.” Just make sure you have something for me tomorrow, okay?” she added, winked her eyes.

“Uh, sure,” Dave replied, “just let me know if you need anything, okay!”

“Sure!”

***

Ava was cleaning her desk, ready to go home when Dave approached her.

“Going home?” he asked.

“Yeah,” Ava responded.

“Are you sure you don’t want to stay at our place?” Dave asked again.

“Yeah,” she replied with a smile, “staying with you both is fun, but I want to keep my words to Erick.”

“Oh, Okay, then,” Dave said.

“Tomorrow, I might need you, though,” Ava consoled Dave, “come!” she continued as she walked toward the elevator.

***

“So,” Mia said as she entered her apartment, “where is she?”

“Ava didn’t seem to have any problem,” Dave responded. He sat on the couch, “and she didn’t want to stay here either.”

Mia slammed herself on the sofa next to Dave and sighed.

“What is happening here?” Dave asked, played with the TV remote.

“Erick,” Mia said, snuggled herself a bit on Dave’s shoulder, “he called me this morning.”

“And?” Dave inquired, “what did tell you about?”

“He humped a girl without Ava knowing it.”

“But I thought they both used to humping around,” Dave commented.

“Oh, yes, but they always tell their partner before they do it,” Mia corrected, “and never with someone that their partner didn’t know about!”

“Gosh!” Dave exclaimed.

“Erick then said he was sorry and that the more he did that, the more he realized how he missed her. So, he asked me what to do.”

“What did you told him?”

“I told him to tell Ava and explain his feeling.”

Dave shook his head. “Do you think Ava will break up with him?”

Mia chuckled. “Oh, she will be furious,” she said.

Dave again shook his head.

Mia chuckled. “However, I also suggested him to allow her to have all the fun she wants while he is still away,” she added.

“I see,” Dave said.

“And that’s why I told you on the phone earlier to keep your load in,” Mia ended her explanation with coy voice, “because we might need to comfort her, either due to break-up or due to breaking-her-fasting.”