Chit-Chat

"Wow!" Dave exclaimed from the back seat, "so they recorded what Ava and I did, and they are going to blackmail us with that?" he asked.

"Yes, Dear," Mia acknowledged from the driver seat.

"And I need to be there and ready for any brawl that we might have?"

"Yes," again Mia acknowledged.

"Okay!" Dave agreed without hesitation.

"Are you sure?" Mia asked.

"Sure!" he assured her. "I don't want you girls have to deal with this scumbag alone!"

Mia chuckled. "How about you, Av?" she asked to her best friend, who were stayed silent the whole conversation.

"Let's do it," Her answer was short. She kept watching the traffic from her window.

"Okay, then, let me call Julia," Mia said. She immediately initiated the call.

"Hello, who is this?" Julia answered the call.

"Hi, I'm Mia, your neighbour across the tower, whose friend your husband taped," Mia snapped.

"Oh, Hi, Mia!" Julia greeted, "I hope you won't cancel our plan tomorrow."

"Depends," Mia replied, "we change our plan. We meet at my place, and my boyfriend will join the meeting. If you don't agree with that, then the plan is cancelled."

Ava glared at Mia. Her stare was full of horror.

Julia went silent for a few seconds. "Then you will see the video on internet," she responded.

"If it hits the internet," Mia replied with col tone, "you'd better have a good lawyer, because I will send my team to rip you apart."

Julia again went silent. "Okay, then," finally she spoke, "let's meet up at your place tomorrow morning at 10."

"Good!" Mia replied and end the call.

"You really want to sue them?" Ava asked.

"Why not," Mia said, "I have prepared the papers, but before I file the case, I just want to know what do they want."

"Thanks, Mia," Ava replied. A faint smile was drawn on her face.

***

The three of them had just reached the apartment when Ava's phone rang. She hurriedly looked at the caller's name. ava's face turned bright knowing that it was Erick who called. "It's Erick!" she said to her friends. Ava then walked briskly toward the guess room and closed the door.

"I guess it's going to be the two of us tonight," Mia commented.

"Yeah," Dave said with a grin.

"And then what?" mocked Mia, smiled.

"Nothing," Dave answered.

"Yeah, better we do nothing tonight," Mia replied, landed a peck on Dave, "I got a feeling tomorrow we will all need our strength."

"Oh, will there be a fight?"

"Probably not," Mia shrugged, "let's call it a hunch, based on my finding about them."

"What did you find, actually?"

Mia just shook her head. "Nothing," she said, "just forget about it."

***

As they talked, Ava felt her heart went lighter. She realized now how much she missed the guy on the other side.