Chapter 37

Third person POV

everyone looked confused too why kai seemed to freak out, "uh kai you okay" serina asked looking at kai, "uh yeah-yeah im just caught off guard that he had a sister let alone a hero sister" kai said quickly, his very good lying skills coming in handy. serina raised her eyebrow at him though he was good at lying she was good at spotting bullshit. "ooh guys he his calling right now" izuku said interrupting serina's and kai's stare down. "hello" izuku answered.

denki sat in his room on on the floor stressing over the homework. it wasn't that it was hard he just couldn't focus on it, denki laid his head on his desk, he thought for a minute he would be extremely bored if he stopped right now, denki looked at his phone. they were hanging out and izuku did say that he could call them if he gets done studying. 'fuck it' denki thought as he grabbed his phone and dialed midoriya's number.

"hey mido studying is kinda a no right now and i wanted to see if i hang out still" denki said, "of course kaminari" izuku said and denki smiled "alright ill get permission and meet at you house" denki said and "okay" izuku said then hung up. denki breathed of relief, he was glad to get some type of break today because it was a bit overwhelming to him and izu's friends were really fun to be around. denki stood up from the floor and quickly stretched before walking to his closet, Today denki stuck with a black pair of jeans and one of his hoodies.

Kai was worried to say the least, he was worried for kaminari because the last time he mentioned his family the boy broke down in his arms. And now his sister was basically helping? In his class so yes Kai was very worried for denki, and that made his friends a little worried as well even if Kai was acting how he usually did they all had a feeling something was wrong with him but they wouldn't force it out of him just yet. Currently the teens were playing uno which lifted everyone spirits a bit, izuku had two cards left while Kai had ten Serina had five and kano had three, "draw four" Kai said as he looked at izuku "awe come on Kai whyyy" izuku complained making Kai smile "I enjoy you in misery" kai said giving a wink. izuku was about to say something when a knock on the door caught everyone's attention. kai was the first to get up "ill get it" he said as he walked to the door and opened it, seeing no other then the kaminari denki. "hey sparky" kai said making denki raise a eyebrow "sparky?" he asked and kai nodded giving him a smile "it suits you well dont you think?" kai asked denki shrugged with a small smile on his face
"i seen that, you like the nickname" kai said and denki sighed "yeah whatever" denki said which made kai happy "come on sparks we are playing uno" kai said moving aside so denki could come in. "hey kami" serina said once she spotted denki, denki waved at the three, everyone greeting him and went back to the heated game of uno. "so yall just gonna continue the game without me?" kai asked "your fault" kano said as he put his card down. kai rolled his eyes and grabbed denki's hand "since i have sparky i dont need you guys here anyways" kai said turning towards denki "wanna go for a walk" kai asked "sure, can we go to your sisters candy shop" denki asked and kai nodded "sure, i heard they got some new candy from Europe" kai said his eyes shining with excitement. denki enjoyed the look in kai eyes when he talked about his sister shop. "BRING US SOME CANDY BACK" serina shouted as the two left.

denki and kai walked together in silence until denki spoke, "i seen my sister" kai looked at him "i know , i mean izu was rambling to us about it and mentioned the fact you had a sister that was an underground hero, i uhm i kinda freaked out about it but we moved in from the topic" kai said. "you freaked out?" denki asked and kai nodded "im not a fan of your family or the way they treated you, and you did say you haven't seen them in years so yeah i freaked out because i didn't know if you were okay, are you okay?" kai said/asked, denki's body felt warm and his cheeks felt even hotter and he could tell he was blushing "i honestly don't know" denki said, it was quiet for a minute until he spoke again "she reached out to me when we had the sleepover at mido's house, it was confusing how she found my number but she is an a underground hero so that explains something......dai wasn't the worse one out of my siblings you know" kai listened intently, he could tell denki didn't really know what to say but he was trying his best. "it was not a pleasant feeling seeing her and i still wanna stay far away from her, but a bit of me miss her, or miss the idea of a sister" denki said, and kai nodded "i get it, i don't have a good relationship with my dad but from times you could say that i miss him you know" kai said and denki looked at him.

the mood around them wasn't so happy but it was comfortable, it felt safe "do you see him often" denki asked and kai shrugged "if you mean when we walk past each other in the hallway or when i go to school in the morning counts then yeah i see him often" kai said with a undertone of bitterness in his voice. denki could tell kai father was a touchy subject for him so he decided to drop it, denki lightly bumped his shoulder into kai's to get his attention. kai looked over to denki raising an eyebrow, "you have a nickname for me yet nothing for you seems kinda unfair to me" denki said giving kai a dopey smile. kai threw his arm over denki's shoulder leaning on him, " you can think over it while we snack on candy" kai said his smile replicating denki's.

and if they both felt warm inside with each other no one needed to know

___________________________

kinda hate this chapter ngl

but we got a pinch of kai angst

dekai fluff, idk that was the first ship name i came up with anyone got ideas?

anyways i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

bad news my connection is very much shitty currently so idk when this chapter will be post but

as always i apologize for any mistakes

please remember to eat your meals drink water and stay safe readers

BYEEEEEEEEEEE <3