Time

The sight was all too familiar to him as he couldn't help but stare her down before forcing his eyes away.

"What do you want Spencer?"

"To make amends, where we left things, I didn't feel great about it an-" Nicole held her hand up in decline.

"We really don't have to do this Spencer, ok, it's cool"

"No, Nicky it's not cool, and no woman should be treated the way that I treated you" 

She began to walk off and close the door until he grabbed her left hand forcing her to look at him. He pleaded with his eyes for her to let him in, and she stepped to the side so he could enter. She closed the door of her apartment after he brushed past her sitting on her sofa. He took a free minute to look around, noticing the changes she made since the last time he had been there.

"Love what you've done with the place, that gold attire is dope"

"Thanks, I was hesitant at first but then I decided, time for a change. Speaking of that tho, let me go put some clothes on, we wouldn't want a repeat of what happened the last time you came over and saw me in my robe, I'll be right back" 

Nicole disappeared down her murky hallway retreating to her room to get dressed. She threw on a white tank top and some shorts fixing her hair into a bun before walking back into her living room area, sitting directly across from where Spencer was.

"You move fast girl"

"Yeah well, having you as my boss, I kinda don't have a choice" 

He laughed lightly rubbing his hands together as she watched him with a blank view in her eyes. She slowly folded her arms and crossed her legs before moving to speak.

"Soo, what's up?" Spencer drew in a slow breath shuttering his eyes up to the ceiling then coming back down to her eye level.

"Look, I know I've been hard on you a lot lately and I'm sorry for that, I've just had a lot on my mind, and I've been trying to figure it all out and...find my balance. I know our arrangement before wasn't ideal and I shouldn't have treated you the way that I did when Olivia...came into the picture, and I just want to apologize for the way I handled you. I know things were complicated for a while, but that still doesn't change the fact that your one of the best publicists I've ever had, and I appreciate you for sticking by my side and protecting my image the way you do" Spencer says as Nicole gives him a short smile.

"Wow, never thought I'd hear those words come from your mouth, but thank you Spencer, I really appreciate it. Honestly when I think about it, you and I had no business getting together on a personal level, so, how bout we just say, going forward, we stick to just business?"

"Works for me, I have nothing to compare it to anyway!" They shared a laugh before succumbing to the quiet in the room. She wasn't sure if it was her place to ask, but against her better judgement, she chose to ask anyway.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure...."

"Do you, love her?" Nicole questioned with Spencer clearing his throat trying to pull his words together.

"My situation with Liv, is way more complicated than it seems, and I don't think love can fix it this time"

"Love is complicated's middle name Spence, has it ever been easy? No, but when you have it, you should really try holding onto it. I don't know what happened between you two but anyone with eyes can see how you two feel about each other, even me. So, whatever it is, try and fix it, you deserve to be happy just as much as the next person, and I want that for you, even if it's not with me" She advised him earning a small grin to appear on his face.