Things Fall Apart

Liv's face screamed shock and distress as Jamina called her name out. This was definitely not how she would have Spencer find out about her, let alone find out about her at all. Liv's musters up the courage to answer closing her eyes at first, hoping the gift of invisibility could be granted a moment.

"Yes.....Spencer this is my daughter Jamina. Jamina, this is Mommy's friend Spencer, say Hi." Olivia says softly.

"Hi Mr. Spencer, it's nice to meet you. Guess what? I'm 5!! And ooh I think I saw you on Mommy's big tv downstairs." Jamina chimes excitedly.

"Wow the big 5 that's what's up and Oh really? that's cool.... yeah I've been on tv a few times." Spencer says still trying to process.

"That's awesome! is it fun?" Jamina says before Liv Interrupts-

"Alright baby I think that's enough questions for Mr. Spencer, I need to pay for these items and I'm sure he has other things to get to." Liv pushes Mina closer towards the counter and places the items up top for the cashier.

"Sorry Spence, I'll call you okay."

"Uhhh, yeah...this explains the toys now." Spencer notes, then walks to the other line to pay for his items.

While Liv and Mina are putting their items in the cart, the wheel begins to spin in Spencer's mind as he watches them.

When could Liv have a daughter?

Why didn't she mention this at dinner or while we've been seeing each other?

5 years old......that's been about how long we've been apart...... does this mean.....???

He shook his head out of those thoughts. Liv has always been truthful with him, and something like this would be too big to hide. Too hurtful to fathom, too upsetting to realize.

The cashier breaks his train of thought. "Umm sir, that'll be 32.05 please."

"Uhh yeah sure, keep the change." Spencer gives him $50 bill and walks out with his items.

Liv and Mina make it home and Liv instantly turns on Netflix for her as she tries to gather herself. She goes upstairs after putting away the groceries and she closes her bedroom door to call Kia.

"Come onnnn pick up, please please, pick up," Liv says pacing the floor.

"Hey boo what's up." Kia says smiling on the other end of the phone.

"Kia, I'm really down bad right now!" says Olivia with tears welling up in her eyes.

Whenever Liv calls her Kia, something is definitely wrong.

"Hold that thought. I'm coming over right now give me 20 mins."

20 minutes seemed like only two, as Liv's thoughts were interrupted by Mina telling her someone was at the door.

Mina opens the door "Hi auntie!!!!! I missed you!"

Kia smiles "hi teetee's baby! I missed you too! Look what I got!"

She hands her a cake pop and instantly Mina screams in excitement and heads towards the couch to enjoy her treat.

"Seriously sis, not you bringing a cake pop before dinner." Olivia says coming down the steps.

"Hey, did you want her to bother you while we talk or not?" Kia chimes with an eyebrow furrowed.

"You're right good call."

They head into the kitchen and sit at the table. Liv inhales an intense breath as Kia sits down next to her.

"Now what's wrong and I don't want the short version."