Second Chances

"Jordan! Jordan are you there?" He took a few long-drawn-out breaths as he slowly picked up his phone from the ground, resting his cheek on the receiver.

"Jordan! Jordan!"

"How the hell did you get this number?"

"Does it really matter how I got it?" The female's voice was laced with irritability.

"Yes Simone, it actually does, because last time I seen you, I remember explicitly telling you that I never wanted to see you or speak to you again"

"I understand that, but things change Jordan" A lot had changed for the two individuals who used to be so in love, but felt like complete strangers now. Jordan heaved out an sigh as his mind reverted back to happier times with the one that let go. 

Flashback

Jordan woke from his deep slumber as his eyes turned over to Simone, sleeping soundly in his arms. He shifted his body in the same direction as hers, tightening his grip around her, kissing her shoulder. She stirred as her lashes fluttered up.  

"Hey you"  Jordan says as she sat up, pulling her bottom lip between her teeth. 

"Hey, what time is it?" Jordan glanced over to his phone checking the time. 

"Almost eight," Simone jumped up from the bed and his embrace, hurriedly gathering her articles of clothing from the floor. 

"I should probably head out, my flight is in two hours?" 

"Your flight where?" Jordan asked with an confused expression on his face , slowly getting off the bed. Simone swallowed hard as she looked into his eyes, knowing what she was about to say next would ruin any kind of hope he had for them. 

"Atlanta" She whispered , with her heels in one hand. His arms crossed as his eyes narrowed at her, unimpressed. 

"Your going back to him aren't you?" 

"Jordan...-" 

"Answer the question Simone. Are you going back to him?" Jordan cut her off, his stern tone throwing off her confidence. Her throat cleared before she answered him. 

"Yes....I'm sorry, Jordan. Last night was....amazing and I can't sit here and say that it didn't mean anything to me because it did but....it was still very wrong, and it shouldn't have happened, not this way..." She took an step towards him as his eyes began to water. She reached for his hand  but he backed away quickly slapping her hand away. He wiped the only tear he allowed to drop from his face approaching the door, and opening it. 

"Get out" 

"Jordan, please let's just talk about this, we ca-" 

"There's nothing for us to talk about, you made your choice and it's not me, so leave. I never want to see you or speak to you again. If we never speak again in life, it'll be too soon for me" She flinched as the tears started to fall down her cheek, letting his hurtful words sink in, breaking her heart piece by piece. The truth was that she was torn and she didn't know what she truly wanted right now, and their hazy-drunken night together didn't make that any better for her. 

"Jo-" 

"I SAID GET OUT SIMONE!! NOW"  She jumped, rushing to the door with all her belongings in hand, feeling the swift breeze on her shoulder as Jordan slammed the hotel door behind her.  She slipped her heels on haphazardly before running for the elevator and letting the tears run free once she got down to the lobby. 

End of Flashback 

"Not for me they don't" His ex-high school sweetheart and lover sighed deeply on the other side. She knew she had no business trying to contact him after the damage she caused him at the end of their relationship but whether he wanted to acknowledge it or not, there was a lot of unfinished business between the two and it was bound time that they address it.