Come Together

Spencer chuckles ironically as she went to the cabinet pulling out a full bottle, filling his glass with two cubes before pouring him a generous amount.She pulled out a glass for herself, opening a can of ginger ale and tipping the can over into her glass. Spencer's eyes creased her way.

"You're not gonna join me?" She shook her head taking both glasses walking over to sit beside him on the sofa, handing him his drink as she sat down.

"Not tonight, last few weeks, the thought of alcohol makes me really nauseous"

"Nauseous, you sure you good?"

"I'm good, it comes in waves but nothing for me, or you for that matter to worry about" His lips curled to the side holding out his glass.

"I think we can cheers to that" Their glasses clinked as they took sips. Olivia played with her fingers as they gripped the glass, scared to ask him what she was preparing to ask him next.

"So, how did it go in there?" Spencer's eyes blinked as he leaned back resting his right arm behind the couch, with his glass placed on his thigh.

"I think it went, surprisingly well, of course there's a lot of catching up we have to do but, tonight, I would do it all over again, just to see her face light up the way it did when she learned she was my daughter"

"I'm really happy that you were able to have that moment with her, and I know you weren't sure at first about coming to the party, but I know Mina was really happy to see you today"

"I've missed five years of milestones, I wasn't missing out on another one" He sighed hastily taking an sip out of his drink and Liv just stared at him looking down taking an sip from her glass.

"Where'd your little friend run off to earlier?" Liv exhaled deeply.

"He left the party early, had to check in on his mom, and siblings"

"Hmm, the guy's better than I thought" Spencer threw an jab while continuing to indulge with the brown liquor.

"Spencer don't start that again..." Liv trailed forcefully not wanting to continue this conversation.

"Olivia I'm going to ask you something and I want you to be completely honest with me...why does he call you peach?" Liv's eyes shutter as she sets her glass down, inhaling sharply. Spencer braces himself for the answer he was about to receive.

"One night, when we had a late session, and you were practicing on the field really late, we had recorded maybe like, 8 interviews and spent most of the day editing, and I was so caught up in our work, that I didn't eat anything all day. We were sitting in the studio and I stood up to go to the bathroom and almost fell over. So, he helped me, and I told him I probably just needed food cuz I had no energy, and he happened to have a fresh peach stored in the mini fridge they let us use and he gave it to me, and that was my first time trying it. Turns out I really liked it and asked him to bring me a whole box next time. I became a bit obsessed overtime so as an inside joke, he would come in to our sessions saying, "Hey peach! Need a refill today?" Spencer coyly smiled at the pun while nodding his head continuing to listen.

"How come I never knew about that?" 

"You never asked Spence, and to be honest by the time you got home, you were ready to shower and...crash, so there wasn't really any room left...to talk..." Silence filled up the room as Spencer averted his eyes away from her as she quietly sipped on her glass, rolling her tongue over her teeth as she did so.  

"Anyway, so after awhile, it kinda stayed with him, and me, so he let it stick and so did I, but that's all it was Spence, no more no less"

"Well.... guess now I know why you had only that fruit stored in our little apartment"