Ryker is a Real Hero

Shinju's POV:

"Stay back." I shielded both of Kenichi and Ryker with my arms, then glared at Saburo. "Kenichi made a deal with you, didn't he? Why the hell are you here now, and how did you even find me?"

"I think you're forgetting about my quirk." Saburo hissed under his breath. "If I wanted to, I could kill all of you right now, instantly. But I feel like toying around with you three first.."

"I'm not afraid to tell dad." I spat. "And what about the deal?"

"To the deal offer, I said I'd think about it, and now I've decided to take the deal back. Honoring the quirkless in a way you'd honor grandma, mom, dad, Ichirou, Kenji, or I is strictly forbidden." Saburo shook his head. "I knew you weren't going to grow past Amida, especially when you risked your life taking the blame for him. Of course it was your fault, and right after you lost your loser brother Tora, too."

"He wasn't a loser!" I snapped. "Tora did so much for this family and I want him saved, but none of you would help so I want to do it myself! You can't change the way I feel about Amida, Tora, or anyone, so fuck off and mind your own business!"

I could sense both Kenichi and Ryker's fear. I'll protect both of you with my life, that I can promise. Saburo won't put one finger on you two, I love both of you!

Saburo walked over to me and grabbed me by the shirt. "I'll kill you first!"

Before I could say anything, I saw a giant plant grow behind Saburo. His eyes were focused on me, so he must not have noticed. A Venus Flytrap! I knew Ryker would have our backs, even if Kenichi and I can't do anything!

"Kenichi! Shinju!" The Venus Flytrap snapped over Saburo, clenching him as tight as it could. Saburo struggled in the inside. "Run! Get outta here!"

I took Kenichi's hand and started running as fast as I could. "Stay safe, Ryker!"

We got out of the woods and to the sidewalk, where we kept running. I could hear sirens blaring in the distance and smoke coming from somewhere in Toronto. I narrowed my eyes; what could be going on?

"Is there a fire?" Kenichi asked, his breath beginning to go hoarse from the running. "We should go check it out."

"And risk getting hurt? We've already avoided one near-death experience, another one would be testing our luck." I picked Kenichi up with one of my shadow hands. "In this state, you're not going to leave my sight."

But as we approached the place where the fire was roaring, my eyes widened; Saburo must've lead a patrol to the city to rob it! But why would there be a fire...

Kenichi broke out of my shadow hands. "Let's go!"

I narrowed my eyes and started running towards the smoke, Kenichi blasting himself with lava to get in front of me. I used my shadow hands to propel me, this time thinking more precisely of where I would land. Kenichi blasted himself on top of a building, and I used one of my shadow hands to jump up on top.

"Down there." Kenichi muttered. "That's definitely your family."

"Damn it, we'll need to disguise ourselves." I muttered. "If they see me then they'll make me join in with them, and maybe force you to help too."

Kenichi gazed at me, then back at the ground. Then, I saw his eyes widen with fear. "Uh.. Shinju.."

I walked up next to him and looked to where he was looking, and my eyes shot open as well; people were running away screaming and yowling. Fires were breaking out left and right, and they weren't tiny at all. And in the midst of it all, a girl who looked about our age was trapped with a few other citizens in a circle of fire.