Shinsaku

Memories flooded into my mind as I stared at my son, laying on the floor. His friends Shinju and Ryker stood next to me, in the same state of shock. All these criminals had died because of my son.

"I can heal him!" Ryker walked over, placing flowers over the fresh lava that coated the ground. I still couldn't process what had happened, and I didn't even want to know what had happened. But seeing him like this...

I know it's my family's fault that he ended up with a quirk he couldn't control.

"I've got good news!" My wife, Kameko, ran up to me with a happy look in her eyes. "I'm pregnant!"

My eyes lit up. "Our first baby? Are you for real?"

She nodded. "I'm so excited!"

"So am I!" I exclaimed. "I promise that when the baby is eight months in, I'll take a break from my hero work and help you! In fact, I'll help you as much as I can!"

At that moment in time, we were young. 22 and now she was pregnant, even though we had no idea what we were in for, it was exciting.

It was exciting until it wasn't.

"I didn't expect twins for sure. And neither of them have any ant features." I half mumbled.

Kameko laughed. "Well at least you get to name one. Here, this one will be Hijiri." She pointed to the thin orange-haired one.

"Okay, then this one will be Homura." I declared. "And both of them will be big and strong like their father!"

Kameko laughed again, this time it was cuter. "Alright."

Those times were easy. The first few months it was great, but then Homura became sick. So when it was time for both twins to get their checkup, I took them to the doctors to see what was wrong. The answer I got shocked me.

"Homura has absorbed Hijiri's quirk, which was a double quirk." The doctor explained. "It's rare, but your son here has three quirks in one body. In order for him to survive when his quirks do emerge, he'll have to take a medication."

I remember my jaw dropping. One of my sons were quirkless and the other was in a critical condition. I felt no hope, I felt nothing at the moment.

And that's when the downfall started.

I had taken Homura to the doctors ever so often. I had given him medication. I had done everything... and one day we took the twins to the park. We were watching them and everything..

And suddenly, Homura had disappeared out of thin air.

We never did find Homura. Kameko was in such a state of shock that she had another kid, which was Kenichi. That was able to take her mind off of Homura for a while, and she did love Kenichi. So did I.

But she wanted another, which was how Mika was born.

She wanted even more than that as well, but then the car accident happened that scarred Hijiri, Kenichi, and especially myself...

It was terrible knowing that the woman  you've spent your entire life with was dead, especially when you could've prevented it. You could've saved her. But it was too late..

So I started doing more missions, I started working day and night without realizing I was drifting farther away from my kids. I relied on Hijiri to take care of Kenichi and Mika, even though he wasn't mentally fit to do so. And though the memories of Homura and Kameko haunt me to this day, I have to push those thoughts back to become the number one hero of Canada.

But now as I stand before my broken and battered son, there's one thing I can't fix; their emotions.

Kenichi got up after Ryker healed him, looking completely confused. He looked up at and narrowed his eyes. "Is there something you needed?"