Chapter 3: First Friend

-Time Skip-

YEAR 847

Y/N, Eren, Mikasa and Armin - 14

The rest of the 104th cadet corps - 14 (except for Ymir, Reiner and Bertholdt)

Reiner - 16

Bertholdt - 15

Levi - 19

Erwin, Miche, Hange and Moblit - 24
______________________________________

(1,825 words)

"WHAT'S YOUR NAME, MAGGOT?!"

I kept my sight in front as Shadis stopped in front of Armin. I'm on Armin's right side while Eren is next to me.

"Armin Arlert of Shiganshina District, sir!" Armin said and saluted.

"Is that right?! What a dumb name!! Your parents give it to you?!"

My brows furrowed with what Shadis said. How dare he insult someone's name? And why does he care if Armin's parents gave that kind of name to Armin? For his information, it was Armin's grandfather who named Armin.

"My grandfather did, sir!"

See? I'm right!

"Arlert! What the hell did you come here for?"

Maybe to play tag, Shadis. Tch.

"To make myself useful in the struggle for humanity's victory, sir!"

"Well that's mighty admirable!" He said and grabbed Armin's head.
"I think I'm gonna make you titan chow, maggot!" He then turned Armin around

What a meanie.

"Row 3, turn around!"

Shadis just passed us by. I don't mind. I don't want to introduce myself, anyway.

"What's your name, maggot?!" Shadis asked a certain tall boy with a long face. Horseface hehe.

"Jean Kirstein from Trost District, sir!"

"What did you come here for?!"

"To get into the military police brigade and live in the interior, sir."

Wow. What an honest person.

"I see you want to go to the interior, do you?"

"Yes, sir!"

Shadis head-butted Kirstein.
I furrowed my brows as I stop myself from laughing. Kirstein fell to the ground while rubbing his forehead.

"Hey! Who gave you permission to sit down?! You think someone who folds HERE is gonna be allowed into the MPB?!"

Shadis walked to the next person.
A boy with sweet and angel-like face. He has light freckles on his cheeks.

"What's your name, maggot?!"

"Marco Bott, Jinae Town, Wall Rose South District, sir!"

"What'd you come here for?!"

Maybe to play hide and seek, Shadis. Tsk.

"To join the military police brigade and devote myself to the king, sir!"

Huh? He's gonna devote himself to a useless creature? That's stupid.

"I see...That's just fine...A good goal...Except...I'm positive the king's got no interest in your scrawny body!"

I mean...Marco doesn't look like he has a scrawny body, but Shadis' right, that the king will have no interest over Marco. The king is just a useless creature sent into this cruel world.