Chapter 66: The Battle of Heaven and Earth

{Long Chapter Ahead - 7,150 words}

"Even Bertholdt's being used as a puppet...unforgiveable." Annie said while staring at Bertholdt's colossal titan. Her and Mikasa are looking at each of the nine titans previous inheritors, hoping to see the pig-looking titan that devoured Armin. 

Mikasa's eyes widened when her eyes caught the pig-looking titan. "There! That one...!The pig...or whatever that is!" Mikasa said.

"Which one?!" Annie asked.

"That one over there...that thing!" Mikasa said.

'Where?! Which of the nine titans would it be?!" Annie asked.

"The cart...? The beast...? Maybe the jaws." Mikasa said.

"That doesn't help! Mikasa!! You need to take this seriously!!" Annie said.

"I am!!" Mikasa said.

"OH!" Sasha said and pointed at the pig-looking titan running away.

 "Only one is running away!" Sasha said.

Connie saw it, too. "What kind of animal is that?!" Connie asked.

Annie, Gabi, Mikasa, Levi, Hange, Erwin and Moblit looked at where the two are pointing. 

"That?! That's an okapi! Y/N-san loves them but she doesn't know what it's called!" Gabi said.

"Seriously...she doesn't know what that is!" Annie said. "Go Falco!! We'll corner that pig or whatever it is while it's on the tailbone! Then we'll stop it!" Annie said.

Falco went near to where the okapi is. "Let's get Armin back!" Annie said.

Annie, Mikasa, Connie and Sasha jumped off. Annie transformed to her female titan and the four of them successfully landed on the founding titan. "Falco! Drop us to where Y/n is! We got to help Mrs. Ackerman or else she'll die fighting those titans!" Hange said.

Falco obliged to Hange's order. "You stay here with Gabi, Levi. We'll help Y/N." Erwin said.

Levi nod and watched Erwin, Hange and Moblit jumped off to where Y/N is fighting to cover Jean. "I can provide cover with this anti-titan rifle." Gabi said.

"You won't kill any of these titans with that." Levi said.

He's looking around looking for his target. Where is Zeke? Where is he? Even if I did find him, though...I'd be just a burden in this state...Dammit... Levi thought as he watched Erwin fighting. I've never bungled one of his orders. Wait, yes, I did once, when I saved Y/N from being taken away by the armored titan four years ago. But for some reason, his final order is the one that I just can't...our role...may have ended there. We got those brats to the sea. If that was the extent of our role. Tell me...Levi's brows furrowed as he remembered his deceased friends and squad. 

When you guys devoted yourselves...was that in order to trample the hearts and lives of others? No...when we dreamed of a world without titans...I'm pretty sure that was an absurdly innocent and idealized world. Because if it wasn't...it won't have been worth what they devoted. I have no regrets about entrusting the future...to that kid who had the same look in his eyes as you, Erwin.

Connie sliced the nape of another attack titan while Annie strangle it. Annie looked back and panicked a bit when she saw the Okapi running away towards the head. "Annie!" Mikasa said. She just finished slicing the nape of another attack titan. Annie held Mikasa's wires and threw her towards the Okapi. Mikasa groaned and ready her blades. "Stop right there, Okapi!"

Mikasa was about to sliced it's nape but she was surprised when two titans blocked her. She sliced the nape of the two. "Out of my way!" Mikasa said.