Chapter 33: The Queen and The Duchess

{3,451 words}

I looked at Levi to see his reaction after seeing Kenny Ackerman. Levi shows no reaction, he's atill stoic though I know he's just hiding it.

Kenny's left face is burnt. He has a lot of blood coming from his forehead that scattered already on his eyes down to his cheeks.

I just sighed.

I'm sure he can't survive this anymore, I assume he also has a cut on his stomach and some gunshots.
I brought a medical kit, in case I can still cure him but by his looks, it's hopeless.

"Kenny." Levi called him.

Kenny coughed. "Oh." He said and looked at Levi.

"All of your men who fought us have been crushed. Are you the only one left?" Levi asked.

"Looke that way." Kenny said.

Our comrade who reported that Kenny was found here aimed his gun at Kenny. "Captain, he's.."

Levi looked at him. "Report back. We'll be fine here." Levi said.

The man nod. "Yes, sir." He then walked out.

"I can go if you want to talk to Kenny alone." I said.

Levi shook his head. "No. You can stay here." He said and I nod my head.

I walked towards Kenny and crouched down in front of him. He looked at me with his now weak eyes. "You a doctor or what?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No. But I know a lot about first-aid or medical." I sighed when I checked him. "Severe burns, all that blood loss." I looked at Levi and shook my head. He just nod at me.

"He's a goner." Levi said and pulled ke away from Kenny. Kenny smirked.

"I see this is your girl, eh? You seem to be protective of her, you runt." Kenny said.

"That's none of your business." Levi said and rolled his eyes.

Kenny chuckled. My eyes widened when I saw him holding a case. He opened it and there's a syringe with a one container of liquid inside.

Historia said that her father tried to inject her with a syringe to make her a titan. Is that it?

"I swiped one from Rod's bag. I'm guessin. Using one of these'll make me a titan. I'll be a stupid titan but it should keep me alive for a little longer." Kenny said.

I felt pity for him at that moment.

I know he and his men killed some of our comrades but I can't help but pity him now.

"You've had the time and energy before this to inject yourself. Why didn't you?" Levi asked.

"Huh. I wonder if I don't do it right, I'll probably turn out all messed up like him." Kenny said referring to Rod Reiss.

"There's no way you'd sit around and wait to die. Don't you have a better excuse?" Levi said.

"Sure. I don't want to die and I want power. But, oh. I think I just got it. Why he did that."

"Huh?" Levi and I both said in unison.

Kenny smiled sarcastically. "Every last person I've seen was the same way. Whether it was booze, women or even God. Family, the king, dreams, children and power, they couldn't keep going unless they're drunk on something. They were all slaves to something. Even him."

Him? Who is he talking about?

Kenny coughed a lot of blood. I got worried for a secons but he suddenly laughed.